Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dead meat and other stuff...

Yesterday, this kid was DEAD MEAT. Really, I was so mad I think smoke might have been coming out of my very ears.



Ruby was suppose to have been cleaning her, knee deep, messy room. To make that happen I have to set a timer for however many minutes per project. For example: "You have 10 minutes to pick up all your stuffed animals and books." That's the only way I've found that KIND OF works for her. Otherwise I end up with a gigantic bag of her stuff in my closet.

Back to the "suppose to be cleaning her room" part. The timer had been going all morning and we were an hour from her getting to go to her friends house and I heading out to help at Maddy's Valentine party in her class. She was nearly finished with her room, I told her what to do while I jumped in the shower. I went to her room freshly washed and dressed to find her rolling around her bed listening to Michael Jackson's Number Ones. She hadn't done a blooming thing. DEAD MEAT. So I set the timer. She still hadn't done a thing. Plus, time was ticking, and she was still in pajamas and her hair was crazy bed head. I set the timer for one more time. When I went to check on her, not only had she not cleaned one thing up, she had drawn all over her body AND her baby doll stroller with black PERMANENT marker! DEAD MEAT for real.

Needless to say, she didn't get to go play with her friend. I had to take her with me but she didn't get to have any fun. I made her sit on a chair and watch while all the kids made cute crafts and decorated valentine cookies. Oh, she did get to decorate a cookie but only cuz Bailey's mom is naughty and tried to sneak her away without me noticing. She's dead meat too :)

Ruby informed me this morning that "DEAD MEAT is not berry (very) nice to say to your child". And she doesn't want to be dead meat anymore.

The other stuff is that Max had to go out of town again but only for three days this time. He's coming home this afternoon, so we have to kick it in gear and clean up the house some. Not that the whole house is knee deep like Ruby's room.

These are Maddy's first attempt at cookie baking. She did everything herself and they were delicious.


Lastly and most importantly, my new toes. Aren't they the most excellent? Max said "they aren't for me" Well I hope so cuz they would be totally wasted on a boy. He never wears open toed shoes this time of year.


The end.

6 comments:

Kim said...

why do kids have such a hard time cleaning up the mess THEY made!?! love the toes! hopefully you'll have open toed shoes at church..i can take a look see:)

TeamGornold said...

your toes are lovely, your family is beautiful and i remember not wanting to clean the bathroom and therefore not doing it because mom always would. and by the way, i am no longer working two 12 hour shits a week anymore!!! haha thanks for helping me with that misspell.
love you!

Emily said...

I love that you can just make everything funny! Even if you did want to beat her :) You always make me chuckle!! good luck with the house. i totally do the same thing, by the way...wait until the last possible second and clean the house and then act all casual, like it's been that way the whole time!!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I agree with Miss Ru. Dead meat is not so nice. In fact it's stinkin'.

You need to make a new blog. Three sentences.

1. I tucked Ruby in and said, "I love you."

2. "I love Daddy," she said.

3. This is where you voice your feelings, whatever they are. Or maybe you could cry a lot.

Jesse's girl said...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! You're funny!!!!

Shan said...

I just want to make sure you remember that on those rough days when you think you just can't handle it anymore, I'll be happy to help you with the girls. Well, mostly I'll just come pick Maddy up. You'll have to dump Ruby off on someone else.