Sunday, June 20, 2010

Woah...is me...

Why I haven't blogged today.

I haven't blogged because I'm in a funky funk.

I feel - not so great. This baby HAS to be a boy, because I've been having strange and unusual pregnancy symptoms. One is I seem to be allergic to this baby. I have had, basically, a head cold for the past 4 months. Stuffy nose, SINUS PRESSURE from my forehead to my nose holes. You can't take anything for that business. It's yucky. The past few days I have had leg and ankle swelling (ALREADY) and if you knew me when I was pregnant with my 2 girls - I GOT SWOLLEN. I mean REALLY SWOLLEN- but it didn't happen til much later. I'm only on month 4, I'm worried.

I haven't blogged because I don't sleep. Breathing is important and it doesn't happen so much, especially at night. My husband sleeps, my kids sleep and they wonder why I walk around in a daze all day. They MAX think I'm wussy cranky pregnant girl. Not enough sleep would make anyone cranky. Apparently, writing this information down makes my cry a little. Poor me.

I haven't blogged because I have no energy to do anything bloggy. We haven't gone to the pool, we tried last week but it was filled to capacity. We haven't had many friends over. We haven't gone anywhere fun. All we've done are JOBS, the kiddie pool and the slip -n-slide in the backyard. And Popsicles. Lots and lots of Popsicles.

I haven't blogged because if we do something remotely interesting, I forget to take pictures.

I haven't blogged because I feel my house is a disaster and I must TRY to make it live able, The kitchen is NEVER clean, the floors are grimy and sticky and I have to do laundry EVERY week! What the heck.

I haven't blogged because of my two little rodents named Maddy and Ruby. I FINALLY go to get on the computer and not 3 minutes later they start talking and asking me stuff. Some stuff they ask is "what are my jobs today" What the...... They never want jobs. Not until I'm doing something EXTREMELY important. If they aren't asking me stuff, they are sitting right exactly 3 inches from me READING what I am writing. Well, that's just Maddy, but if Ruby could read.....

I haven't blogged, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Maybe next time I won't be so glum.

The end.

4 comments:

The Peterson Family said...

Sorry you're having such a blah time - being in a funk is no fun! And we know a lot about being in a funk at this house, believe me.
What about taking Benadryl? That's what the doc always told me to take during my pregnancies. It should help with the stuffiness and help you sleep.
Either way, I hope you start feeling better soon.

The 4 Willows said...

I think you have the right to be bleh. It seems like I always forgot to take pictures when I was pregnant too (they do still braincells...). Anyway, hope your funk becomes less funky and you can have a good summer.

Jeanne said...

Dont EVEN feel guilty for not doing anything fun with your kids. They won't remember. We never did anything fun when we were little and look how AWESOME we turned out! In fact, I'm pretty darn sure that doing fun things is bad for them. Your just teaching them how use their imaginations and entertain themselves. See how awesome you are?!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Dear poor little crumb,

You know about my day yesterday, right? Well today I got up at 8:00, had a shower, went back to bed, got up again, ate something, went back to bed and then at 8:00 o'clock I was yawning my head off. And that was my best day yet.

Why don't you do what Grandma Rasmussen did with her pregnancies? The doctor made her walk five miles a day. FIVE FREAKING MILES. We were all six pounds something. SIX POUNDS, not eleven. If you do it I'll do it. I am also thinking of going off sugar for a year. As soon as these Hershey bars are gone, that is. Are you interested? I have asked Taylor too? He's thinking about it.

As for fun...Get some dollar store prizes and do treasure hunts for the girls every day once their chores are done--start the treasure hunt when you sit at the computer and say they cannot have your help at all. Go on a field trip every week to someplace interesting. Do science projects with them. Teach Ruby to read. Teach Maddy to sew. Start with a pillowcase. Go up the canyon and let them play at the park while you visit with a friend. Teach them how to knit or crochet or do embroidery--have them make a simple sampler. Make things. Oh wait, then you'd have a house full of junk so scratch that one. Read the scriptures with them and have them draw what is happening--you have to read ahead so you can tell them what is happening when you start to read. Let them plant a little garden of their own. Let them start a collection of something.