Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pregnancy business.......arghhh

As you can see, I'm in my final WEEKS (not months) before my little ball of estrogen arrives. (my Tiffany friend said that and I thought it was pretty funny)

Pregnancy started out just fine (as it always does....for me) I was pretty tired and (Max would say) moody, but what does he know, anyway? I vaguely remember bawling for half my birthday in Jackson Hole but I usually cry a little on my birthday so why does that mean I'm pregnant moody?

Then, the snoggy nose business started in. OH BOY! What a bad couple of months that was. Afrin addicted and still stuffed up. It was the pits. Around then, I started to doubt my even being pregnant. Yeah I know, I had had an ultrasound and heard heart beat and even felt some tiny movements but I doubted. I doubted because my cheep Wal-mart preg test "your pregnant" line had disappeared. Gone! I had a tiny freak out. Why did I keep it, you may ask. Just for that very reason, duh. I told my Dr, and he said to pee on it again, PS It didn't work.

Don't worry I think I'm pregnant still, either that or I have an Karate chopping alien that has taken over my body. Which ever it may be, there is DEFINITELY something in there.

I got my nose business taken care of (except for it's been bad again this last week) and then I started the great hip pains and ankle swelling. MY poor cute shoes are getting quite dusty on my shoe shelves. I do still have the cutest toenails that ever lived.

Then came the ultrasound, where we went to CONFIRM what we already knew (by about 147%) that we were having a boy...... Named Miles Reed....... (but only in my heart since Max despised the name Miles) Only too bad for us cause it wasn't a boy at all. SURPRISE! That was a whoa-is-me day (or 3) for me. But then I got over it and now I am pretty excited for my little pink bundle to arrive. Which even in the whoa is me days I still knew I would be excited for a girl. I just had been SO sure of the boy that it messed me up. Probably don't ask me to pick your lottery numbers or anything. I'm not a very good guesser.

I've had loads of people give me girl/baby stuff. Since I gave all my girl clothes to needy friends telling them "oh no, I don't need them back. I'm done having girls" Funny Funny me. I am set for the first 3 months for sure on clothes. I've even bought some diapers and wipes (what... had a coupon) the other day.

And now my newest pregnant fun is that I seem to have developed Gestational Diabetes. It's good times around here, I tell you. I had a whole day of sadness when I found out, then I got over it and started eating better. I went to the Diabetes clinic (thank you Jessie for watching Ru for a million hours that day) and learned all sorts of good eating ways. I have to poke my finger to test my blood sugar 6 times a day (at a dollar a test strip--thanks to my lame insurance) and eat 6 times a day. That means I'm eating a snack at 9:30 at night! 9:30 at night is sleepy time, not eating time. The protein has been the hardest for me to do, there isn't many choices that I like to eat. The good news is I don't feel as tired as I did and I'm not as thirsty either. The good news is also (as Tierney pointed out) that I'll be done before the holidays and can eat some yummy goodies. Plus I get a baby that may be smaller than 11 pounds! Here's hoping.

That's all. I have to go eat a snack. The end

7 comments:

TeamGornold said...

things will get better! i am excited to see your pink bundle baby as well!
love you and keep your head up!

Jessica said...

Pregnancy is the pits, I tell you. But even at its worst, it is worth it. And, really? Your doctor told you to pee on it again? Fire him.

mikroenjeksiyon said...

Was a beautiful page. Thanks to the designers and managers.

Unknown said...

I feel every ounce of your protein snacking pain. I will be right there with you in no time. AND, like a dummy, I got pregnant so the end will be by the holidays AGAIN. Today I was thinking, aren't I supposed to ENJOY being pregnant? I think I will be okay with not being pregnant again. And you will be getting some of these clothes back that you gave my girl-o plus buckets and buckets more just as soon as the doctors confirm penis presence on my little bundle, which I am sure they will, since I would kind of prefer a girl, but I am not worried, because if it is a boy I know I will like him as much as I like Aaron, and wow, that's a LOT!

Sandra said...

Really cute post! I'm LDS too! =)

Nickie said...

I'm so sorry about the pregnancy blues. I hate them.
The Gestational Diabetes is like an extra little kick in the crotch too. I'm sorry about that too, that stinks. Hang in there, it won't be forever and like you said, you'll get to have yummy holiday treats and a baby! That sounds way good to me, I think i need to come to your house for the holidays.
Loves to you!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You have HIP PAIN? I thought since you were not having a -coughvaginalcough-birth your poor little hipsters wouldn't go wonky. In fact Cindy and I were discussing that very thing on the lawnswings--that are under the oak trees and acorns, giant ones, are falling--and we decided that you poor little hips wouldn't get all wonky. So much for thinking.