Thursday, October 28, 2010

Soccer......that ended in September


Mads started her first year of soccer this year. She was on the same team as her BEST FRIEND BAILEY. It was not an accident. I pestered everyone (soccer involved) so they could be sure to be on the same team.


I told Mads that she had to do it again next year, even if she hated it, since it cost so much to get her started. (we even went to the Thrift Store for cleats and shorts) Good thing she didn't hate it.


It was so fun to see her out playing and the confidence she got (around the time the last game rolled around) while playing. Bailey was a soccer ROCK STAR at every game. We love both those girls.
Their coach was super fun and reminded them that winning wasn't the most important part. (They did win about half their games) Max was a total soccer Dad. He would cheer for ALL the kids, he even learned their names. I think some of the kids thought he was Coo Coo.
This was the best team picture we could get. The kid next to Maddy kills me. He REFUSED to smile or even look remotely happy to be there. It was a bummer, cause some of the players weren't there for the pictures. And, I didn't choose to buy any.


The LION guy is the mascot for the REAL Salt Lake soccer team.


And that's all I have to say about Soccer.

3 comments:

The 4 Willows said...

I can't wait until my kids get old enough for them to participate in things like this.
(I made my blog private so I need your email address...that is if you still like me and what to keep up :D)

Joel and Jessie said...

I love it! I think that is awesome that the kid next to her was so enthused.....

Unknown said...

I am just cheering for Maddy. Go, Maddy!!!