Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween 2010

First of all we carved pumpkins. We invited Shan over since carving pumpkins is on her top 10 most favorite things to do list. Ruby's is the cat, Shan carved the monster and Maddy (like you were surprised) made the "Peace Dude" one.

I can't like carving pumpkins so I had my own activity which I didn't take a picture of. It was my Halloween costume, Shan's idea. I wore a black t-shirt with a baby skeleton printed on my tummy. It was pretty cute and got RAVE reviews from all.

Maddy's costume. An 80's person. I don't' recall making such goofy faces in the 80's but who knows. She wanted to Trick or Treat with her friends and not her little sister and Dad. Once again Ru got lots more candy than Mads did. When will she ever learn?

And Ruby the Gypsy. The only thing I bought for this costume was her skirt from the Thrift store, which I would have bought anyway - since it was so stinking cute.

Halloween night (on Saturday the 30th) was a bit iffy this year. It rained and rained all day long. Maddy was a mopey puppy cause of the weather. Just before dinner I asked her (half kidding) if she had said a prayer? She said "yup" and about 30 minutes later the sky cleared up, the sun came out and VOILA! Prayer works. I'm not sure if that's naughty to say or not, so I'm pleading stupidity.

And that was the end of Halloween 2010. Only Maddy was talking about what she wants to be for Halloween NEXT year ---2 days before Halloween THIS year.


3 comments:

Shan said...

I vote for my pumpkin. Only Maddy did hers free-hand so maybe hers should really be the winner. Don't tell Ruby she didn't get a single vote cause I'm a little bit afraid of her.

Jessica said...

Um, I was the black-shirt-with-a-tiny-skeleton last year. Did Shan tell you she came up with that idea all by herself? 'Cause she's a fibber if she did. I didn't either, by the way, I borrowed it. I sure wish there was a picture, though. And the pumpkins were adorable.

Jessica said...

Oh, and the CHILDREN. They are adorable, too!