Tuesday, December 1, 2009

November 30th Thankfulness....

So yesterday, I was thankful for my Big brother, TRENT. Not that I have one picture of him in my thousands of pictures on my computer. It's probably because he is always bugging. And probably pulling faces or being pesty. WHY am I thankful for him, you say?

I am thankful for Trent because it was his big bad birthday yesterday, and I didn't call or blog or nothin'. Sorry brother. I thought about it. I am glad he's my brother. He's the best guy. He'll do anything for you, and do it at any hour of the day or night.

Long ago when my Dad was *away* Trent got home from his LDS mission, found a job and started paying for all sorts of stuff so we could live. Like whole entire house payments and business like that. I don't think he even thought about it, he just did it. That's the kind of fella he is. he's a pleasure.

He married the most fabulous woman imaginable, and he loves her the biggest and the most and sometimes, right to pieces. I might even love him more because he married Michelle. (I'm just saying') I love her a whole heap. He told me once that he didn't like it when they have a baby because it scares him, he doesn't want anything to happen to his 'sweetie' . He loves, loves, loves his children all the very same, not like my Mom, who loves me the best (snicker snicker) and takes time with each one of them. (He has seven of those little people around)

Trent has always looked out for me, especially when Taylor was being rotten. I think there might be a hole in the boy's bathroom door because of one such rottenness. And although, he use to to pull me off the couch, and down the stairs by my toes (I should blame him for my bum toe) and calls me "Haggus" I still love him.

Once, while we were in the bathroom brushing our teeth, and looked at me and said "yup, I'd marry you". It sounds creepy as I type it, but it wasn't, it was sweet and sincere cuz he thought 'I wasn't so bad', it's totally one of my favorite memories.

Happy birthday to you, big brother. I love your guts.


The END

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Dear Hilary,
When are you going to start writing books? Because I would read every one of them. So fun to learn about your brother. He sounds wonderful.
Love ya!
Virginia

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Hillary, what a sweet tribute to your brother. He is a pretty darn special, isn't he?

N7GMT said...

Well. There you go. I must be at least not TOTALLY retarded, eh? Thanks for your gooey sentiments (sediments?), sis. You are The Haggis; no one could ever take your place.

Jessica said...

That was precious and I didn't think his marryin' comment was creepy at all. It was the sweetest thing I ever met. Happy birthday to Trent.

Christian's tooth fell out as I was typing this. You should feel honored. I'm going to blog about it, I think...