Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday November 29th Thankfulness....

Today, I am thankful for my Mom.

I called my Mom today, because- apparently yesterday, she tried to have a fake heart attack , and she ended up cheering me up instead. She loves my with all her being and says she loves Max and Maddy the same as me but I know she's just trying to make them feel good. I am totally her favorite. She'll drop ANYTHING she's doing, if I'm coming in, even if it's for just an hour. Once, I even had to leave her at the Mall and my Dad had to come get her, because I had to leave for home that very minute. She is a good sport about stuff like that.


My mom is the best woman on the earth. I know other people thinks their moms are the best, but their wrong. Mine is. She stayed with me all the days we were at the hospital when Ruby was first born and having all her (fake) troubles. For all my Mom's wonderfulness, Ruby wouldn't love her, not even a little bit, for about 2 years. My Mom just kept on loving Ruby and Ruby finally gave in because, I think, she realized "Grandma tells stories". And she does tell the best stories, I still kinda believe my stuffed animals get up in the night and party, because of my Moms stories. She can make up a story about practically anything. Maddy found this out early and has PESTERED Grandma ever since. She "pat,pat,pats" her arm to keep Grandma on track with the story telling.

Today I was sad because at church EVERYONE is either pregnant or has just had a baby and I was feeling poor pitiful ME about it. My Mom told me all the things I already know, and just forgot. She made me feel better and more peaceful and calm. She is the perfect Mom for me.



I think I'll get a cheesy licence plate cover that says "my MOM is cooler than yours"

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I'm only cooler in the winter. In the summer I'm hotter. Har har. Okay, not funny.

Thank you, dear heart. You are the ray of sunshine in my sometimes gloomified life. You are Aunt Pat reincarnated. How lucky for me because I loved her with all my heart and when she died part of my heart went with her. Maybe that's why I had all that trauma yesterday. Thank goodness you are still here so I can go on. And on. And on.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Blogger won't let me comment on the post below so I'll do it here.

You had the Booooob talk with Maddy? Oh my. And phew!

WHAT crafty place? Huh? I wanna know.

Max is the greatest taking blame for the rolls.

Yams. Dad didn't get any this year. Not one.

Mzx's mom is more than a pleasure. She the mostest, bestest of all. And I truly mean it.

Waah. Your shopping is done. sniff.

Shan said...

I have never been more proud of you and your talk with Maddy. I think I already told you that, but I'm still just beaming. From what I saw Maddy is none the worse for wear.

Plus, we all know that I have the best mom, but I guess yours will do. (Please note the intense sarcasm and downright lying I just did because we all know your mom is the very best and my mom is not-the-very best.)

Shaunell said...

AH you are so cute Hillary. IT's so good to appreciate the momma's. All of us deserves it! Your gals will think the same of you. :) (OH wait, they already do!)
Happy holidays......miss u!