Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snow Day 2010.....

On the last day of school before Christmas break (Tuesday Dec 21st) Santaquin got about 20ish inches of snow. FIRST the schools cancelled the bus route---(hmm if the bus can't get to school, how are the kids going to get there?) and said that parents could choose weather or not to send their children to school---then they cancelled school all together. Those people are smarties.


The girls and the Dad spend the day sledding down the MOUNTAIN across from our house.

Who cares if it's freezing and snowing on me and my hair looks like I just stepped out of the shower.... IT'S A SNOW DAY!!!


Not that I don't love my garbage can and want a picture of it on our blog... I'm just trying to show the full effect of the snow heaped at our house. Also, that's only ONE of our heaps.
Plus, 2 days earlier there wasn't a spec of snow on the ground.


Max and Ru got plastered with snow going down the sledding run.... Ruby came in to tell me all about her whoa is me......then the clod of snow fell of her head and landed on her foot.

This is the face I got next. From pitiful to goofy in 1.3 seconds. That's my Ru.

Before we knew that school was cancelled, Max started shoveling... I think he started at 5:30 am. He pretty much was sledding or shoveling all dang day. He was a pooped Dad by the end of the day. See how there's already an inch of snow where he just shoveled? Good times.

It's hard work having fun.

Hi there Mama.

The END
P S, the day before the Snow Day 2010, Ruby had a special "Polar Express" activity at school where they got to make their own train car (at home) and wear their pajamas to school. They invited anyone who wanted to come see all the Kindergarten classes walk around the school. her poor teacher, Miss Halter, was so sick that day. She said, "But you can't miss Polar Express day."

This is Ruby's car. It was not the most glamorous or fancy, but she decorated it EXACTLY how she wanted it (despite Maddy's suggestions). She was super cute.
The END again.

3 comments:

Shan said...

Bah Humbug! That's how I feel about snow but not snow days.

The 4 Willows said...

Hahaha! I love Ruby's facial expressions! Fun, fun! Maybe Max should get a snowblower for Christmas next year, that is so much dang snow to shovel!

Kim said...

You got some great pics of all the snow. AND i love the polar express idea. cute, cute!