Thursday, May 6, 2010

Birthday's in Jackson Hole. . .

I celebrated my *cough* 36th birthday in Jackson Hole. I was a bummer in the morning. I don't know exactly why but apparently you are suppose to cry on your birthday when you are in your 30's. I've done it for a few years now. This year I didn't wanna break tradition, I guess. Max was a sweety and made me french toast breakfast in bed. Then he took the girls to the grocery store and brought back this!

Maybe I cried because MY CAKE WAS ON FIRE. YUP they put 36 candles on it. How Rude is that?

Mads and Ru gave me a card that said "We both think you're pretty great on your Birthday" on the front. And on the inside it said "and one of us is always right". That's when Maddy tapped my on the shoulder and pulled this face. I'm pretty sure that means she thinks she's always right. Silly girl. She won't be 100 percent right until she's a teenager.

They also brought me these lovelies. We didn't bring home the left over cake (despite the wailing and pouting from 2 certain girls) but I did managed to bring my flowers home.


This was before the cake toss.


I managed to perk up and later we went to the shops at town square in Jackson. We bought a super cute glass serving bowl (yes people I DO need another bowl) with nubbs around the rim. That night for dinner, we went to (NOT Bubba's) "Q" a barbecue place that serves fried pickles (I still haven't decided if I like them) and tells you to throw peanut shells on the floor. I couldn't bring my self to do it so I just made a nice pile on the table and put them on my plate later. My heathen family didn't have a problem with peanutty floors. Especially Maddy.



And also, the lovely vase for my lovely fleurs.
THE END. . . . Til next year.

3 comments:

TeamGornold said...

how fun! i want to go to jackson hole now! i am so glad you guys all had a great time. beautiful pictures too! you are all so wonderful!

Emily said...

I hope you had a great birthday!!!! Don't be sad. I'm right there in the 30's thing with ya'. Don't you know that the 30's is the new 20's? See...we're still young!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, what a lovely trip and lovely birthday. I will come inspect your bowl in less than three months! I love the silly picture of Mads.