Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A cake with girls jumping out of it....

We were at our neighbor Jason's house one night, and he mentioned it was his birthday the next day. (Remember him, he's the one with the horses. On a side note, both my girls think he's the bee's knees) Well, he's a single dad so who, I ask you, was going to make him a birthday cake?

His daughter and I schemed to meet after school the next day to make him one, complete with my old neighbor Natalie's home made butter cream frosting. (Not that it has any butter in it) It's the very best.

So, the night before, I had asked him what kind of cake he liked. He said "one with girls jumping out of it". You have to know this boy, he is DEATHLY SHY of the ladies. His daughter had this brainy idea. ^ Polly Pockets were just the right size. You can see, we gave him a full selection of girls. Blond, brunette, red head, How's a boy to choose?

Then, because he's so nice, he invited us over to sing and have a piece of his cake. He's so great.


PS he's 35! That means I'm a whole year, minus one week, older than him. Is there anyone that I'm NOT older than? DON'T ANSWER THAT.
THE end.

1 comment:

The 4 Willows said...

Haha that is so cute and clever. And you're not older than Dale...does that make you feel better? :)

And to answer your question about my blog, I was supposed to be induced today depending on the amnio test result. Which was her lungs aren't quite mature enough to induce. So it will be on the 2nd when she comes!