Sunday, May 30, 2010

My birthday shelves.....2010

Remember my birthday shoe shelves from last year? Well this year I decided to stick with the shelving theme again. Only I wanted shelves built for my food storage. Max was not happy.

Well, our friend Jason, who is very handy and extremely nice, offered to make me some. Plus, also, he already had most of the materials to build them. I love that guy.

My food storage shelving used to be a few of these metal shelves piled high with no organization what so ever. It was depressing to even go down there.


Here is an action shot of Jason and his mad skills. I made him pose for me since all my "real" action shots of him were blurry. He has super speedy mad skills.


Did I mention, his real actual job is his very own framing company? Yup, he builds churches and buildings and big stuff all over the place. I'm glad my measly food storage project wasn't to piddly for him.

And the finished product. Aren't they pretty? Aren't they the most wonderful shelves you've ever seen? I was GIDDY and probably a bit OCD about putting my food storage away. I wouldn't let Max even step in at all. Even though he tried REALLY hard to offer his "food placement expertise", I wasn't having it. THERE MINE, ALL MINE.


And since I am ALWAYS the one behind the camera there wasn't one picture of my smiley happy face to show you. So here is Max's. His face is happy cuz he didn't have to actually build them for me.


Me too, I'd still be waiting, I'm sure.

6 comments:

Nickie said...

You sweet girl! I love your shelves, I wish I had some.
Congratulations on your pregnancy, I can't believe I haven't said that to you yet, what kind of sister of your sister-in-law am I?
I love seeing your cute family, your girls are to die for-but you already knew that huh.
Loves!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Okay, now I want to see them in person and filled! That Jason, what a peach.

Jeanne said...

More pictures! More pictures! I want pics of your shelves filled. I love me an organized shelf. All those labels facing the same direction and everything. Hmm. I'm sounding a little ocd.

tierneyzan said...

I am jealous. Some shelves were supposed to be built here for Mother's Day, but I'm still waiting on it. What a nice friend! Your shelves are gorgeous. Wait, was there not one of the shelves all loaded?? I'll have to look again. And my brother is cute.

tierneyzan said...

there's nothing new on your blog. I am just letting you know. xo, Tierney

Nickie said...

Ummm, we should all get together to do sista stuff, seriously.
I love that you said I could rock the colored hair, because I think I want to do it whether I should or not. I would love to have colored hair just for a minute or 2 y'know. I'm glad you understand me there.
You are the coolest lady ever, I think we should plan a sister trip with hillary!!! That'd rock.
Love you!