Friday, February 11, 2011

Maddy, the eleven year old....

My first born turned 11 on Tuesday February 8th, 2011 I KNOW! I don't think I'm old enough to have an 11 year old either! Anyhow, She was born at exactly 11 am after a grueling hour 45 of pushing. I though it was HARD work (little did I know, her labor and recovery would be cake compared to my other two).

She was home sick on her actual birthday (bummer) so we were able to get an exact birthday minute photo. I'll discuss the puff ball coming out of her head at a later date.

Wendy's sour cream and chive (with extra "Daisy" sour cream) baked potato for breakfast. Her favorite.

A PEACE DUDE cake....


..... tie dyed and everything.



The smoke filled air and all the candles out at once! Only too bad for her, she forgot to make a wish.
Here's 11 12 or so things that make Maddy Grrrreat.
  • She has the sweetest smile
  • She LOVES her family (especially the new girl)
  • She's patient with MOST everyone. She tries to be patient with her little Ruby sister, even though Ruby gets into her things and moves stuff around. (It's only cause Maddy has such cool and interesting stuff)
  • She is "SUPER CUTE" and "super funny"
  • She's kind, she doesn't want to do or say anything that might make someone feel the teeniest bit bad.
  • She LOVES shoes, clothes, hats, jewelry, shopping and all things fashion.
  • She LOVES bugs, streams, rocks, dirt and shooting guns (especially at doves) She isn't afraid of putting a worm on a fishing hook. Even half a worm!
  • She THINKS she's my favorite child. ....wink....wink...
  • Her 5th grade teacher, Mr Bailey, LOVES LOVES LOVES her. In fact, he had tears in his eyes, telling me how great Maddy was, at our last Parent/Teacher conference. He talked about how much he needed her in his class (he's got a hard class this year) and how he wished he could have 5 more Maddys in there. It does a parent good to hear that kind of stuff.
  • She's really smart and tries so hard to do what's right. She even says her prayers every night when her own mother doesn't remember to say hers.
  • She makes up the best nick names for her sisters. She's got about 20 for Ruby and a few for Daisy already.
  • AND........
  • She still wants to hang out with her parents.

Ta DAH!

We love your short little guts Mads. Happy 11th Birthday girl.

5 comments:

Nickie said...

Happy Birthday Maddy! I love her smile, what a cute cute girl, even when she's sick, she's still cute to the bone!
I love her birthday cake, how in the world did you do that? Seriously, you gotta let me know, that looks fun.
You guys are such an awesome family, and now I want cake.
Loves!

Shan said...

I love that Maddy kid too. Plus, also, that baked potato looks pretty good right about now.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday to that darling girl! Give her our love and someday we will see her again...

Shaunell said...

Happy birthday to our fave Maddy--even though I already told her on Sunday, and told Cetera that Mads could drive now that she was 11. You poor people, being all sickly. I'm so sorry! Too bad I'm not next door, I would have been sorta helpful with soup and what not. I'm sad to learn you were so under the weather though--and you didn't even whine when I saw you! Is this the longest comment ever yet? You know I adore you people--when's play time?

Emily at The Fine House said...

That 11 year old and that cake are the cutest ever :)