Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh, what do you do in the summertime?

You go to Bailey's house for the afternoon, and make a swimming pool out of a hugie water barrel.

Never mind that it is probably NOT 80 degrees outside. See Maddy's purple lips?

The 80 degree rule was started by my Mom who, now I understand, was just TIRED of us asking to play in the water as soon as the snow was melted off the front lawn.

I think they're trying to hold in a shiver.


Then, when it's just too freezing, you give up and get in a nice warm tub-with a cool drink.


Ahhh warm. Bailey's house is FUN!
I just love those two punks.

5 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

LOL- I have the same rule about playing in the water, and my kids get sooooo angry with me. Looks like the girls had a freezing good time.

Jessica said...

They are animals, I tell you! I need to meet that Bailey's mom. She must be quite the woman!

TeamGornold said...

when i was little the city gave us our plastic garbage cans we filled them up with water and played in them until we had to actually put garbage in them. now that was fun...that one time.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

A redneck hot tub, don't you think only it wasn't so hot. But it is a good idea.

Maddy looks like she is on a starvation diet. Are you sure she is related to me? I need her genes.

Nickie said...

What cute girls! I remember the garbage cans too, ah, those were the days.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I don't know why or how, but it helped being able to do something for his B-day.
Anyhoo, thanks, Shirt adores you!
Loves!!