Saturday, July 18, 2009

yard sale lovelies...

Last weekend I went up to my Mom's house so she could take me to Costco. On our way there we saw a "YARD SALE" sign. We went. Then we saw another one that said "FURNITURE".


We never made it to Costco.


Here is my $30 shelf that took me ALL (I'm being totally serious) of Monday to hang. I needed three holes in the wall - I put seven. All so I didn't have to hear the whine from Max about me buying stuff that makes him have more work to do.

I've added more decorations to the shelf, that is now hanging above my couch. The decor is still a work in progress so no pictures for you.

This delightful $25 mirror is HUGE and has taking the place of my mirror my best friend EM gave me many moons ago for Christmas. Don't worry, it has a new and useful home in my entry, cheering that dungeony place up a bit. This mirror matches my kitchen cabinets exact, right down to the molding on top.



Then, I saw this little number. Could you have left it behind?


A little doll house the PERFECT size for Polly Pockets. Too bad we don't have any to play with, as they have been picked up and hauled to my closet in a black garbage bag.



It is still sitting in my room atop another fabulous find, that Max doesn't share my love for, that I will show sometime later. I have great plans for it, I just don't know what they are yet.


Max has grumbled and grumbled about my treasures, but has admitted that the he likes the shelf, and the doll house "really is incredible". The craftsmanship - I tell you - is amazing!


Maybe I'll go to Costco in the fall, just as soon as yard sale season is over.

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You put HOW MANY HOLES in the wall?

I need to see a further away photo of the new mirror.

Let's do it again! I love garage sale-ing with you. You spend the bucks, I spend twenty cents.

Jessica said...

Those are fantastic purchases. You always find the best stuff. I really need to shop with you more often.

Emily at The Fine House said...

Garage selling is where its at! Love all your fabulous finds. Now I am definitely going to need a reveal of your last treasure when you get it finished:)

Joel and Jessie said...

Wow! You definitely got some good finds!