Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Maddy turned 10....a few days ago

My teeny tiny baby (9lbs 12oz) turned ten on Monday. That means I've been a mother for a decade. I am not old enough to have been a mother for ten years. But that's another story for another day.

Maddy (Elasta Girl) is the best kid you've ever known. She is kind and caring, she loves to cuddle and her favorite thing in the whole world is to have her Grandma Snyder tell her stories. It is VERY annoying to me when I am trying to visit with my mom and Maddy keeps pat pat pat-ing her to continue with her story. (Ruby's caught on now too and now I have NO peace when I am with my mom)



Maddy has just as much fun going hunting and fishing with her dad as she has going shopping with me. She LOVES LOVES LOVES clothes and shoes, but also loves to be outdoors and will sit forever playing in a stream looking for cool rocks and interesting critters.

Turning 10 means Maddy gets to babysit her little sister some. I told her about 2 years ago that when she was ten she could start babysitting. I really was thinking that she'd NEVER turn 10, and that if she did, she wouldn't remember that I said she could babysit. She DID turn 10 and she DID remember. She has a very good long term memory. She is already a great babysitter, getting Ruby to bed right on time and then getting herself ready for bed. She is such a responsible and patient child.

Plus, a little goofy too.


Mads, I love you the very most. I am so happy to be your Mom. I know you're going to be the greatest grown up (just not so soon-please) I'm sorry they don't make high heals in your size yet. You are my favorite and my best.

4 comments:

Emily said...

That's one pretty cute ten year old you have there!!! She is absolutely beautiful. You make a pretty great mom, youself!!! :)

Jeanne said...

How does 10 years go by so dang fast? And can Maddy babysit for me? 10 year old boys just aren't quite there yet.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Love that girl. Seriously, love her. She is the ultimate grown-up in a child's body. She has more compassion and common sense than I'll ever have. I'm thinking up stories.

Shan said...

Snuggling just might be my favorite attribute, though I'll have to think on that since she has so many wonderful qualities.