Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mermaid habitat...and other news

About 5 months ago the girls thought it was very important to make a Mermaid habitat in their bathroom sink. No, I still haven't downloaded my pictures from my fancy new Christmas camera. That's why you're getting old pictures and blogs about them.


How sad is it that Mads looks WAY older now? Probably because she'll be turning 10 on Monday! But that's another story.




A blurry picture of a sunbathing mermaid. I don't think she knows that she's in a bathroom with no windows and the lights aren't really the sun.



Don't they look so happy in their new home? Aren't my kids cute? Yes, yes they are.


In other news, We've decided to let Maddy's ear holes grow in. They were getting infected for no reason -ALL the time. She would have me help her put her studs back in and would cry and pull away because she thought it MIGHT hurt and was basically annoying me, (is that mean?) so we are going to try it again sometime later. She is pretty sad about it. And me too because she has some stinking cute earrings.

I'm still sick with unexplained cheek humps. The Ear/nose/throat Dr was baffled and wanted to do a CT scan on my face. That procedure sounded really cheap to me so we're trying antibiotics first. Yes I'm downing the pro-biotics along with, so I don't gets anyone else's ugly germs.
Ruby celebrated her HALF birthday at school the other day and now she thinks she's older than Maddy. You can bet that bugs the heck out of Maddy. Maddy keeps saying stuff like "why do we keep talking about HALF birthdays when my REAL birthday is on Monday?" Yeah, I'm going to have a 10 year old running around! Any ideas about what we should get her?

Max got home safe and sound from working in Colorado. But now he's doing a side job after work all week, so he's still not home until after 8 every night. He hurt his back 2 days ago and, despite all my trying to keep him home, is still working. The nerve of some husbands.

We miss all of you that we never see- and those of you we do see, we'll see ya later.
The end.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Hmmm... I don't blame Maddy for feeling a little like Ruby is stealing her birthday thunder. But, I think by Monday, she should be able to have all the glory to herself.

And too-bad-so-sad that she needs to grow her earholes in. At least she won't be hurtin'.

Know that I'm tinkin' of yoo too, and hoping that you're feeling better. I'm crossing my fingers for those antibiotics.

Max in Colorado? I had no idea! That's kind of obscene. He shouldn't have to head so far away for work. How stinky!

Anyway, know that you are all very loved, and I hope to see you soon.

xo

Shan said...

When are the girls building me a Shan habitat at your house?

Joel and Jessie said...

I loved the mermaid habitat. That is so cute! How creative.