Friday, February 19, 2010

Shaving cream, be nice and clean?

Pretty much all Maddy wanted for her birthday was shaving cream. Not so she could shave anything, she just wanted to play with it. It's somewhere in the genes cuz her cousins Eliza and Kate asked for mustard and tinfoil for Christmas.

Anyway, My parents and Maddy's best friend, Bailey, gave her some. Bailey came to play the other day, and after a while of them doing nothing they asked if they could play in the tub with Maddy's shaving cream. :Sure", I said "change into one of Dads work shirts". Well, they changed into and some of Maddy's pajama shorts too, just to be safe.


Not to messy, this is fine. What a fun mom I am. twitch

Oh dear, at least the mess is all in the tub. twitch, twitch. I think I'm still fine.


I never learned, in beauty school, if shaving cream can double as a deep conditioner.
Uh, I'm getting a little worried. Since there is now shaving cream all over the toilet AND the cupboards.

Well that's it, Baileys mom is NEVER going to let her come play again. Am I still a fun mom? I think I'm having a mini stroke?



They had to clean up (of course) and take a, fully clothed, shower to de-gunk themselves. Which, by the way, set off the smoke alarm because of all the steam. (it wasn't their fault, the shower head in that bathroom is pretty much the cheapest one available)

They had loads of fun and they stayed in one place for over an hour. I think I still AM a fun mom, but I wasn't feeling it when I was re-cleaning the bathroom (it needed it anyway) the next morning. It's clean but there's still a slight shaving cream aroma in the air.


Mmmmmm, fresh.

4 comments:

Shan said...

I think this prolly makes up for you making your kids tuck themselves in. Maybe Maddy won't need so much therapy after all.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well, you are the best Mom, even with the twitching. I see you got your camera images off or did you just use the old camera? It's in the genes.

mrs. eek said...

I think your an AWESOME mom. How many times I heard "you would never let me do that mom, you'd been so mad" from Bailey. Thanks for putting up with her.

Unknown said...

you're the coolest mom ever! we used to sit at the table and mom would squirt shaving cream out in front of us and then put a drop or 2 of food coloring on it and we would do an awesome finger paint!! try it! love it!! great job mom!!!