Tuesday, July 13, 2010

And then there were three.......

Yup, you're reading the correct blog. Today was the day we went to confirm our baby was a boy. Only the joke's on us-- cuz it's a girl instead.



I've cried and cried.

I'm not sad that we're having another girl. It's not that, I figured it out when I was talking to my friend Shan and I said "I'm not sad about a girl, I'm just mourning the loss of Miles". (Miles was my name for our boy-- only Max hates that name) I was so certain that we were having a boy that I had his name, and his little self all planned out. Only too bad cuz he's not here. So I am sad for him, but happy for my little girl who has yet to be named.

Also, too bad that I got rid of almost all of our baby girl clothes over the years. To be honest I don't want to dress our new baby in 10 year old onsies that have spit up stains on them. She need her own fresh clothes to spit up on.

She is healthy, with all her parts in all the right places. She weighs about 1 lb 15 oz and lets hope she doesn't follow in her big sisters and their big ideas and come out HUGE! A nice little 8 pounder would be glorious.

Max said today that he was following in Grandfahr's (who he was named after) footsteps. Grandhahr had 3 girls too. If he was going to be like anyone I couldn't have picked a better man.

So here's to girls. Yeah.

She must agree cuz it feels like she's doing back flips in my tummy. She's so cute.

The end.

10 comments:

Jesse's girl said...

I'm glad you got rid of the clothes because now I get to buy you some!!!!

Kim said...

i cried when i found out maddie was a girl too..but now I love 3 girlies! She's so lucky to have you as her mommy:) congrats

The Peterson Family said...

Congratulations! And I'm so glad that you can breath now - you know, it's not an important bodily function or anything.

tierneyzan said...

Believe it or not, I understand your disappointment and can empathize. On the bright side, I'm bringing back the jeans with the little heart pockets! I am glad your little lady looks well, so glad.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Grandma Rasmussem had three girls and look how they turned out! Okay, yours will be better. And maybe that boy is next. Have faith. You are getting a baby! How exciting is that?

Karen & Ben said...

YIPPEE for 3 girls!! Funny how you think 8 pounds would be little!! CONGRATS!!
PS...I got your blog of Kacie Roberts. Hope you don't mind!!

Joel and Jessie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Unknown said...

she could come out with a wiener!! you never know! i had a client who's granddaughter was actually a grandson! it's not over till that kid is out of you!

Shan said...

That "Holtbuster" comment person is my favorite.

Casey said...

Congrats! I too was pulling for a boy for you too! But there is nothing wrong with girls, especially when they are as cute as yours! And can I tell you I love your new red doors!!!