Sunday, July 11, 2010

Not to scary but somewhat distracting.....

One Sunday morning a while back, we were woken up by the sound of our Carbon Monoxide detector going off -- right outside our bedroom door. It's done it before and usually we have blown out the dust, changed the battery and called it good.

This time we called these people. My good friend Little Jessica had had a similar thing happen about a week before us, only hers wasn't a dusty alarm or a used up battery. They had a real actual emergency. (they're all fine and safe) Having heard about her family, we called.


Santaquin fire Department doesn't have a full time staff. All the fire people are volunteers. It was Sunday morning about 8:30 and most of the guys that came to help, came from their church meetings.


These people weren't very worried, they look more like they were having a picnic. When we called the Fire people and they said to go outside as soon as we could. Ruby had to get dressed first and I didn't want them to waste away so I got snacks for them. We're not very speedy quick.

When they showed up in shirts and ties, I HAD to get my camera. I asked if I could go get it since it was right inside the door. One guy told me he'd get it for me, cuz of all the danger. He got my camera, then I made him pose for a picture.


The guy in the yellowy shirt told us that in his 12 years of serving he hasn't had one real Carbon Monoxide detector emergency. He also told us to ALWAYS call if it goes off. Better safe than sorry. The same guy asked if they could drag out this call so they could skip their church meetings.
Max thought that was a good idea.

3 comments:

Shan said...

Max=naughty.

Unknown said...

I am glad you were all alright. I've thought of getting a carbon monoxide detector. It's on my, "I probably should" list.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

And so....? What was the outcome? A bad battery? Fumes that would kill you.