Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wednesday presents.....and bunkbeds

First of all, I love that Shan. Shan brought All of the girls "Wednesday Presents*". She brought them to us ACTUALLY on Wednesday. Shan told me that maybe I needed to go shopping and see all the cute girl clothes to be more excited about my girl baby. (I'm excited now, but she said that on the night of our ultrasound) I haven't gone shopping yet, but she did. She brought me yummy new smelly Mary Kay sugar scrub, and these delicious clothes for our new girl, some for now and some for later. She brought Mads a Beatles notebook, and Ru a CUTE design your own fashion notebook thingie. I don't know what it's called but it's been a big hit with both the girlies.


We love that Shan, Shan is a pleasure.

*Wednesday Presents were first started by my Mom, she bought me a prize one day just because. When I asked her why, she said "because it's Wednesday" so presents bought 'just because' have been "Wednesday presents" ever since. PS you don't have to give them on Wednesday either.


And second......BUNK BEDS

After YEARS of sleeping on mattresses on the floor, my girls are now in real actual beds. I know, their spoiled, right.

My Little Jessica friend hooked us up with a lady in her neighborhood who sold them to us, for practially nothing. The girls are very pleased to have beds.


Here's what the head and foot boards look like. I would have bought these for not practially nothing, cuz they're so cute.


And the ever poser Ruby. When I put them up, I told them that if there was anything under their beds they were dead meat. So Maddy quickly got under Ru's bed and yelled "Mom, Ruby is DEAD MEAT!" Maddy is a hairball.

Hula hoops are acceptable under the bed items. Since, where do you keep those things other wise?
The End



5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well, all I have to say is that you have the bestest friends ever. One who finds beds and one who brings Wednesday presents! Hooray for you. I have the bestest friends, too. We are lucky, lucky girls.

I'm so glad that you are glad and I hope the girlies are glad and that Max is glad and that there is gladness all around.

Kennedy is a cute name. Or...
Ami
Bellfrida--you've been using that one for years. (Elizabeth votes for Beezus)
Cristi
Dee Dee
Elf (Elizabeth votes for Elizabeth)
Frankinberry
Gertrude (Gwenda--Elizabeth likes that one)
Hildy--you should share (Elizabeth says Haggis)
Ingred--Elizabeth's choice
Julie--my favorite name of all time--I should have had it but my sister got it first. I'd be different, more cheerful, probably.
I already did "K". (Elizabeth said you can't use Jo)
LindyLouDorthea (Elizabeth votes for Luke Skywalker)
Maude
Nancy
Ophelia
Prudence or Petunia, Elizabeth says
Quacky--I'm sure she's going to be quacky, seeing that your other girls are kind of quacky.
Ramona--Elizabeth votes for that name. Elizabeth sees no reason why your child shouldn't be named Rhomana.
Susan (Elizabeth votes for Sylvia)
Tittymouse (she might be a bawl baby, after all. E votes for Tulip)
Ula--maybe the real Ula would be pleased and make you a polester quilt.
Vivian
WallaWallaBingBang (E says Winifred)
Xray (E votes for Xylla)
Youlanda
Zuzzy (Elizabeth votes for Zoe)

Joel and Jessie said...

Those are NICE bunkbeds! How fun for them!!

Jeanne said...

Haydyn has the same little flowered shorts outfit. The ONLY outfit I bought for her this summer. Your friends have great taste!

Shan said...

I read your blog. Good thing since I'm practically a saint in this blog.

P.S. Maddy is a hairball.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I love you. I love Max. I love Maddy and Ruby and baby Snookums. That'll be all.