Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ruby's birthday celebration......

You all know that I'm 6 months pregnant..and 36....and overweight by A LOT...not to mention old and moldy.

Because of all that business, poor Ruby had a bump on a log for a birthday mom this year. We didn't do much, but I think she was mostly happy, even though there has been a few grumblings about not going to Pirate Island.


The picture is blurry, but how cute is that face?


Aunt Kennon, this is what she was doing while talking to you on the phone.

The opening of the presents. A Dora the Explorer Leapster game, a zuzu pet with accessories, and a bike/basket. We wrapped the basket and had the Dad bring in the bike from the trunk afterwards.

The bump on a log mom continues here, Usually I decorate the house (Max's helps) with balloons, streamers and banners the night before the girls birthdays. This year, I was too darn tired, also, the Dad doesn't find it too important of a job to do himself. So on the way into church, Ruby starts saying "I wish you had decorated for my birthday, that's what I really want." I just smiled to myself and said "oh, I'm sorry" cause, Max and I had already planned to skip out on Sunday School (shhh) to decorate the house and frost her cake. When she walked in the house she was SO excited. I tell you, it was worth it to see that face.


She was pretty in love with that bike and the bike messenger. Max said she hugged him with her whole body. I didn't mention that it was my idea to actually buy the bike for her. (I prefer to suffer in silence)

4.5 seconds after we got home from church, Ruby went to change.......into her pajamas. It was 2:20 in the afternoon, I'm pretty sure. So birthday pictures in her jams! She also did her own hair.

And last but not least, the must have "Blowing out the candles" picture.
Happy Birthday Ruby Ruby Ru. We love you bigger than the whole sky.
That'll be all.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hillary. You kill me! You're seriously a crack up. Suffer in silence...such a mom!! ;) Hope you're feeling okay-ish....she's a doll.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You sneaky parents, ditching church to make a little girl happy. Heavenly Father agrees. He would do the same thing. I wish YOU had a mom like that.

Unknown said...

Well, I cannot BELIEVE that when I asked Ruby what she did for her birthday she didn't have a response. How nice to you to sneak home and decorate, and you did it sooo cute, and I love the cake and miss you gobs already and you HAVE to come visit us cuz you didn't cut Aaron's hair, but I guess I will not make you come here since you are way preggers.

xo