Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What happens in Smithfield......

.............stays in Smithfield. Apparently it's true, since I didn't take ONE STINKING PICTURE of our visit.


This is Heed* and Patty. Heed is my "little" brother, his actual name is Bentley, but I just like "Heed" and that's all. "Patty" is not Patty's real actual name either, but she just like "Patty" and that's all. We like them both.

They invited us up to visit them last weekend. Heed has lived in Smithfield/Logan for about 10ish years. They've been married for 4. This was our first visit. Heed likes to remind us of that. Heed is somewhat of a hairball.

Max and I left the girls with his parents for the weekend. Whu hoo! And we left. We got up there Friday night and super quick went to dinner at the most glorious Mexican restaurant, Cafe Sabor. It was so yummy. Plus, I got a Pink Zebra drink that was delicious, and not to mention -- trendy.

There are no pictures of the restaurant, the food, the company or my drink.

There was, however, an Indian family that came in while we were waiting to be seated, that gave us a chuckle. The Dad asked a silly question. The hostess asked if they wanted to eat outside or inside. He asked her if it was cold outside. She replied: uhh it's just like it was when you came in. (10 seconds ago) I'm not sure if those were the exact words, but it was pretty stinkin' hilarious. We thought it was funny ALL weekend long.

After dinner we went to a pastry shop and bought goodies. MY FAVORITE. I bought 2 goodies and ate one later that night. I had the other one for breakfast with my turkey bacon and scrambled eggs. It was the perfect breakfast.

Nope, no pictures of that place either.

Saturday, we lazed around the house and then drove to visit a lake, it was not good fishing that day. We visited Heed's work and they bought me my first pair of CHOCO'S sandles. They are super cute. They will be even cuter on my feet once those feet aren't swollen anymore. Then, that night for dinner we ate at Hamilton's Steak House. It was also delicious. I got the salmon (I know, right?) Max got the Rib eye and shared with me. He's delightful.

We went to the same pastry shop that night too. This time I bought 3 treats. There is still 1/2 a lemon bar in my fridge.

That night the 2 boys and Patty played video games and then did a firework or two. Despite Heed's persistence, I did not participate in either of those activities. Which confirms that I am indeed more stubborn than Heed. He didn't enjoy that information.

At 3am (!) we went to bed. It was maybe a wee bit too late for me but we were having so much fun, I didn't want the party to end.

Patty's funny, she asked me how I slept both mornings and the second morning I just smiled and said "I don't know". I'm 6 months pregnant, I never sleep good. (Max had to be told not to ask me how I slept anymore, since I didn't want to be a downer every single morning.)
Sunday morning we lounged and video gamed some more. Then we went to breakfast at Village Inn. It was noon, so I got lunch instead. After that we lounged more, packed up and left for home. It was a sad time for all of us.

We loved our visit. We ate good food, had good conversations, laughed A LOT and were Merry. Thanks Heed and Patty for all the fun.

We made it home safe with both the girls, and didn't get dead in any ditches. Yippee.

No pictures of that business either.

* I named Heed, "HEED" when he was in high school and he decided to grow dreadlocks. It was not a pretty sight. (Heed, it wasn't) The movie So I Married an Ax Murderer was popular and quoted often at our house. So he, and his huge HEED got renamed, because he looked like an orange on a toothpick.

The end.

3 comments:

cheryl Day said...

Hillary you are a riot!!!! Your mother's daughter for sure....love you, Cheryl

Karen & Ben said...

I loved this "no picture" post!! I love Smithfield and would move there in a second!! I'd take long, cold winters over all this wind!!

TeamGornold said...

now, that is the worst photo of me i have seen in a long time! is that my punishment for our photo-less weekend?
i finally blogged!
oh and I miss you like crazy!