Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Fifth grader and the Kindergardener.....

The Maddy started 5th grade last Tuesday (on Heed's birthday). She was NOT looking forward to having a BOY (gasp) teacher (with not ONE of her friends in her class) until we went to meet him Monday afternoon. He won her over by telling her he was color blind. She thinks that's the coolest. I'm pretty sure Mr Bailey is gonna get teased by her this year. I think he's up for it. He's pretty cool himself.

That "5" is for "5th grade-- Not cause she's 5 years old. Do you like her monstrous backpack? It's nearly as big as her.


I can't believe how OLD she is. 10 1/2 to be exact. Why do they grow up -- And get all sassy and teenagery so quick?


AND THE RUBY...Ruby started real actual school today. And before any of you comment about the character print shirt she's wearing...... I was outnumbered and overruled at Target (by ONE Miss RUBY Elizabeth--she's was very firm about her style). There was nothing I could do.

Her teacher is Miss Halter. I hope she's ready for Ru. Her life may never be the same. Heck, the whole school may never be the same. This morning when I went into her room all she said was "its my second day of school, yeah" Then went to work (with Maddy's unwanted help) finding just the right clothes to wear.

And here are the 2 walking to the bus stop, holding hands (awwwh). Not even looking back. (GRRR) What's a mother to do? Oh maybe, I'll have another one who won't leave me for another 5 or 6 years. That'll teach them.

This is the Mads. She was feeling crummy, tummy ache, tired and didn't even want a Cinnamon roll for breakfast (!), but I made her go to school anyway. Someone had to take Ru to her class. :) She called me at 11 am to say she was feeling worse. She looked worse. (She was better by 3pm) And the MEAN MEAN Mom that I am, wouldn't let her go to soccer.


Oh and since it's taken me 3 days to write this post, I found out yesterday that the bus drops little Ru off right exactly at our front door! How great is that?!
The end.

9 comments:

Jimi said...

Isn't the whole bus stop thing awesome?! I think it's so cute! Ry told me that the afternoon bus even has seat belts! I love our little kindergartners!

Emily at The Fine House said...

Very cute girls! Character shirts are on my list of "things we should never wear" as well, but I caved and bought the UGLIEST Star Wars Clones Wars shirt you've ever seen. I truly hate it. In fact I just wrote a whole post about it-go figure. But the fight is getting old. So there you go-count your blessings Ruby's is (really) so cute :)

Jeanne said...

Didn't you know that Hello Kitty is the only character that doesn't count as a "character" on clothes? On account that it's actually cute, that's why.

Unknown said...

Wow, in 7.5 years Maddy will be an adult. That is weird. Do you have rules against characters on clothing? The Dora lover here would be heartbroken by your rules! The Dora hater would probably think it was okay.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I say, those girlies are the cutest on the planet. They must have good genes. And...we didn't hear about the horrid box under the bed this school year. Is it alive and holding the school-not-to-be-worn-yet-clothes. Although I guess it can cough them up now. You should come and see your mother. I'm just sayin'. You could be here...lets see...almost a whole hour before you had to go home for Ruby. I'm never going to see you again, am I?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS I think you should start "Savor's Special," Posts. You could show us all your bargains. Oh wait. You will never be in again.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynne, You could come see me, I'm just sayin'

It's your turn.

Love, yfc

Joel and Jessie said...

I love the pictures! I wish I could relate to the whole bus dropping Breanne off to my house....but I still think it is cool.

Unknown said...

Love that Ruby girl. I am so excited you are having another girl. Congrats! I know a preschool teacher who would love to have another Smith girl come and brighten the day!