Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Meanest Mom of the YEAR...

This is not the face we saw last night. Last night, THIS face was nowhere to be seen. Last night, my patience was gone. Last night, I had threatened and bribed and begged for the last time. Last night, all of Roo's things got thrown into a garbage bag (two actually) and taken away. Last night, I was fed up, it was time to take action. And I did.

Roo won't clean her room. EVER. Sometimes when she feels like it she will, but she doesn't feel like it very much. Pretty much NEVER. I had told her for about 4 days (all day long) to clean it or I was going to take her stuff away. She didn't. I warned her last night, that after dinner I was going to take her stuff. She still wouldn't clean it. So I did.

The first to go was her blanket. In to the bag it went. That made her MAD. Her blanket is one of her 2 most favorite things. In fact, this is a common picture of her in the morning. All wrapped up and snuggley in her blanket. Not anymore. It's in the bag. Now she's cold.



Her other most favorite things is her "RUFF RUFF" . Yup, It's in the bag too. But only because she hit me with it after I took her blanket.



Her things are in my closet now where Mr Smith keeps stubbing his toe on them. I don't know when she'll get time back. I win the prize of the Meanest Mom.

So, All of you that thinks I as the best mom EVER. This blog's for you.



I almost forgot, as Mr Smith and I were leaving her room, Roo screamed at the top of her tearful, sobbing lungs "I HATE MY MOM AND DAD". Mr Smith turned and said to me: "well, at least you were first".


7 comments:

Shan said...

I always secretly knew you were the meanest mom ever, so none of this surprises me. All of the giggling and happiness of your girls has to be a hoax. I'll be calling social services as soon as I'm done with this comment.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh, my. I think you should get a nomination for Mother of the Year. How are things today, after sleeping without Ruff Ruff and blankie?

What ever happened to "Let's work together?" Does that not work or do you end up doing it all.

That Mr. Smith. Always the one to see the bright side of things.

Jessica said...

Wow. That's the meanest you've got? You made a promise and followed through. Sounds logical and not mean to me. And by the way, one boy who lives at my house just may have the same thing happen to him at any moment. And I will not think it is mean. If I took his bed and made him sleep on the floor and took his clothes and made him make himself a loin cloth out of an old rag and beg for food from the neighbors, then, MAYBE that would be mean. Well, probably. But the loin cloth might be kinda cute...


Lest any readers who do not know me as well as Hillyerie does think I'm an abuser and call DCFS, I must declare that I would not make my kid wear a loin cloth, steal his bed, or beg food from the neighbors. They might give him sugar. The end.

Jeanne said...

I can picture it now, one day Roo is going to be fed up with her husbands messy-ness and she's going to put his favorite things in a plastic bag and hide it in the back of the closet. And who is she going to thank for this brilliant idea? YOU of course!You rock.

Jesse's girl said...

Is it bad that I laughed so hard at the precious little one's ordeal?

Unknown said...

I sat here saying, "Oh no, oh no" as every new detail of the ordeal unfolded. Did little Roo get her blankie and Ruf-ruf back yet? I am worried for her. Maybe I DON'T want you to come clean my house after all.

Alisa said...

oh you mean mom-
You had me laughing!