Sunday, October 11, 2009

Maddy said....

Yesterday, Max partied with the girls, while I went shopping. Fun for everyone, huh?

Anyway, Maddy told Max: "Ruby is SOOO lucky to get all of my old clothes as hand me downs because I have such excellent taste. And all of my clothes are delightful."

When I asked her about her conversation with her Dad, she said: "I don't remember saying that, but it is true. My clothes are delightful!"

I couldn't help this picture. As soon as I heard her comment about fashion, I thought about this picture. It was taken when Maddy was 6. I was my Dads birthday. Maddy put wrapping paper on her feet as shoes and ribbon (I think) on her wrists as bracelets.

What a fashionista.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that story. In spite of the picture (which is hilarious, by the way!), Ruby is lucky. Maddy does have excellent taste.

And I hope shopping was lovely. What a spectacular thing to do.

Shan said...

I don't think Maddy can make that kind of statement unless she owns a brown zip-up sweater. Apparently, she has to have one of those. Even if she DID buy the pink one, it doesn't matter. She is still dog meat until she has the brown one too. Even if she did buy a fabulous red dress and green shirt and red shirt and flowery shirt and a jacket and jogging suit and Halloween socks and princess socks and cat mug and someone bought her red shoes. Even if all of those things. ...Are we still talking about Maddy?

Shan said...

Plus, also, I've started packing. I hope you are happy. loveyoubye.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I'm pretty sure if Maddy would have made $40 while eating lunch she would have bought the brown sweater. Maybe it will be on sale soon.

Maddy is my fashion guru, as you know. Skinny legs in skinny pants. Glad to hear the Dolly Parton glitz is taking a leave of sbsence. And I'm so glad to hear she has such confidence! She's on my team. We will call it Team Confidence.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Absence. Leave of absence. Sheesh!

Shaunell said...

Um, she is truly delightful. I showed this to the fam and they were cracking up. Does she get her fashion sense from you or from Maximus?

Unknown said...

oh, this is just too darling and hilarious! It looks like she got washed in hot water!