Thursday, October 22, 2009

Whats going on?

Let me explain the lack of blogginess. We have been super busy/boring for the past month. Max has gone on 2! hunting/camping trips in 4 weeks. I KNOW. I should be given a medal of some sort. Or maybe, at least, flowers (hint hint Honey).

I (along with the other leader) put on a Daddy Daughter Date for our Activity Day girls a few weeks ago. It was pretty fun. We served chili dogs, veggies and dip and root beer floats for dinner and then they carved pumpkins together. Prizes were given. It was lots of fun but I am glad it's over. Last year for our D/D date we played "Old country song" charades. It was pretty funny trying to get all the men to act out the songs. Dads aren't as fun as they used to be. My cute Dad gave his poor bald head a rug burn acting out Tumbling Tumbleweeds when we did this at my Daddy Daughter Date about 156 years ago.

This picture was a lot cuter in person.

Then, for Fall Break (which used to be called "Deer Hunt" then it was UEA for a while) we had Bailey come over. They had loads of fun. That is an apple slice in Baileys mouth. No photo cooperation, I tell you.

Last weekend, my friends Shan and Little Jessica went to NYC. I took care of Shans cat, Hank. And by "taking care of " I mean gave him food and water and 5 minutes of love. By Shan's house there is an AX. It concerns me a bit.

For all my strenuous labor, Shan brought my my very own "monu-mints" See my name? My VERY OWN. Plus, she brought me a candy bar from the Statue of Liberty. Not to shabby.

And another picture from the Daddy/Daughter Date. Maddy was not pleased, by the way, that Ruby was any were near her Dad on HER date.


Sisters can be such a pain.

4 comments:

Shan said...

I never noticed that ax before. I wonder if I should be worried. Probably not since the man next door doesn't seem to be the lurky suspicious type. Or are those the ones you are supposed to look out for? Either way, I have a watch cat so I should be fine.

Plus, also, next time I'm in the store that sells medals for the most patient hunter's widow in town, I'm going to get it for you. You probably deserve it even though you're waaaaay too modest to ever say.

TeamGornold said...

i would have been jealous too, though my sis would probably have been happy to give him up! haha!
you are so cute. thanks for humoring me and commenting on my sis's bow blog. she and i are going to enter some of our crap in a show in ID the first weekend of Nov. i am super excited.
well, i love and miss you ALWAYS!
Trish

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I miss Max. That photo of him with the girls is very cute.

Mints and candy bars? Do you think that was a hint? Either you have bad breath for you are sweet.

Unknown said...

sounds like a fun date. I think my brother needs to take you on a date, too, from the sound of it!