Saturday, April 18, 2009

Holy lobes...Hannah Montana

Yesterday, was FINALLY the day Elasta Girl has waited for ever since that pesky foreign nurse in the Tonsil area called her a "HE". I KNOW. The nerve of her .

Ear Piercing Day 2009.

It started off not so good. Roo woke up feeling REALLY ever so not well with a pesky cold, and it was looking like we were going to have to postpone. Which threw Elasta Girl into a weeping fit that rivaled the "Moo Cow" days of her mother. The trauma was fixed by my saintly parents, who came down to watch Roo, while we went on our day.

First, lunch at Village Inn, a cheese burger with the smallest particle of cheese that I have ever seen, hash browns (EG's FAVORITE food on the planet) and PIE. Yes, those are hash browns under all that Ketchup.

Eating her hash browns in (almost) under 90 seconds.



Next came the lobe holes.

Grandma Snyder told Elasta Girl before we left that she might want to take a TYLENOL before she went because her ears were going to hurt so much. Grandma Snyder has never had her ears pierced, so I ask you, how would she know?
After we were finished piercing, Elasta Girl said: "Grandma doesn't know what she's talking about". "It hurt for 2 seconds and now they just fell weird". Silly Grandma, bless her heart.


The cute earrings. I knew as soon as I saw all the choices she was gonna choose these ones.
Tiny little "diamondy" flowers with "blue topazish" middles.



After that, we went to the new Hannah Montana movie. Can I just say, it wasn't lame. I thought it was so cute and I usually don't enjoy that girl. It was cute and funny and a little heart warming all at the same time. We might even wanna see it again.



Dutifully cleaning the new ear holes just before bed last night.



TA DA.
The END


8 comments:

meghan said...

First to comment! First to comment! Woo hoo!

Yay for me sweet niece! I really like the earrings that she chose. What fine taste. Let my little buddy know that I am very happy for her, and cannot wait to see her new "holy lobes" in person.

Emily said...

so cute. I love that day. It's so fun and "grown up"! BTW, way cute pic of you and the Mr.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

The NERVE of you, blessing my heart, like that.

And look at those red ear lobes and the dark circles under her beautiful eyes. "This means something." I know it. Perhaps she will start playing with mashed potatoes or bring a dirt pile into the dining room.

The earrings are way cute, though.

PS How can I be "saintly" and "blessed my heart" all in the same blog? I think those things are on oposite ends of the spectrum.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PPS The picture of you and the mister is waaay cute.

Jesse's girl said...

She's just the cutest thing ever!!! Please send her all the love from the bad aunt that never writes back. (I'm aweful, I know!!! I need to come live with you guys for a while so you can teach me some manners!)

Much love to all of you too!!!

Jessica said...

I bet she paid the nurse to say that so you would feel sorry for her and get those holy lobes pierced. She's sneaky like that.

Just kidding.

Plus, she is lovely and darling and wonderful and I am happy for the big day. I am proud of you, too.

And you and your hubby are too adorable for words.

This is the end of my ever long comment. I should remember that it says "leave your comment" not "leave your epistle."

The end for real.

Shan said...

I don't have anything wonderful to say because I said it all to your face today. The end.

Unknown said...

cute earrings on my cute niece. Yay! Ear piercing is special. I am glad you didn't make her wait until she was 41, or however old I was when Mom and Dad finally let me.