Tuesday, April 28, 2009

BIrthday surprise...shoe shelves!

Mr Smith is the winner. Well, I am the winner for marrying such a guy. For months and months I have been saying all I wanted for my birthday was shoe shelves in our closet. I'm a bit picky, I wanted them built custom so they would fit perfectly at the end of our closet, and get the maximum shoe space for all my lovelies.

So, on Saturday ( the day before my actual birthday) Elasta Girl and I went out bumming to a boutique and crafty shop. When we came home Roo practically broke her legs trying to get me to our closet. "Mama, I want to show you, look what dad did!" she says.


This is what I saw, all my shoes lined neatly up on my FABULOUS and perfect shoe shelves.

Apparently, he had lied all week long saying he had some "patches" to go do when really he was in our neighbors basement working on them.

I had NO IDEA he was making them. He's awesome.

Speaking of shoes, remember these beauties? My "trashy younger sister" shoes from a post a few months back? They are definitely NOT made for walking. Not even a little bit. I think maybe they are punishing me for saying such rude things about them.

This is one of the 15 or so pictures that magically appeared on my camera after Meghan got a hold of it. This one's cute.... some are frightening.


Mr Smith wanted to make sure my leftovers were safe when we went out to dinner on Saturday.


This is Roo being cute, sitting on my Father-in-law's fancy walker. He is having bum knee problems and other issues that makes walking a bit sketchy. He's a good sharer.


I don't have any other Birthday picture to see since it was MY birthday and I can't take pictures of my own self opening presents or eating cake. But I did open presents and there was cake and both were excellent. I had a great birthday and am sad to see it go.

Good bye youth, hello wrinkles.

The end

4 comments:

Emily said...

What a great guy. Those shelves look awesome! I have those exact same shoes in white. Love to look at, hate to wear. I can't even wear them to church, it hurts to walk down the hall. Good thing they were cheap!!

Jessica said...

What a man! You should marry that guy, I think. You are both winners. Plus, I am glad your birthday was splendid. Your girls are cuteness. And, you have not even a speck of a wrinkle. Your skin is as lovely as could be. But mostly, I love your sparkly new blog background. It is delicious.

Unknown said...

Oh, sweet Hilly, I didn't call and wish you happy birthday. I am a very bad sister-in-law. I am glad you got your shelves, and what do you expect from your pink shoes when you call them the s-word?

Joel and Jessie said...

Hey happy birthday!!! I tried to come on friday to bring you birthday cookies, but you were gone and now the cookies are too! It sounds like you had a good birthday!!!!