Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful a day (or every week or so) 2010....

Friday November 12th, 2010

I am thankful for all the Doctors and cute nurses at the hospital who were so nice and sweet and helpful and caring to me, and also my visitors. I was NOT thankful that they ALL decided to show up on that day. I didn't get 5 minutes peace all day. I was POOPED.

Saturday November 13th

On this day I was thankful that people decided to leave me alone, also Carrot cake. I am thankful for the hospital room service carrot cake. It was DELIGHTFUL.

Sunday November 14th

I was thankful for the cute couple who came to give me the Sacrament. I haven't been to church much the past month or so and when I am there, apparently, I don't pay much attention about the Sacrament. I was thankful that they came and visited and cheered me up a bit. That morning, I had just been told that Daisy was JAUNDICE - like my other 2- and we had to stay in the hospital longer too clear out some of it. So the Sacrament reminded me that I wasn't alone in my sadness and that I am loved and important.

Plus also, I was thankful that my friend STILL brought dinner to us, she came right in our house and put it in the fridge so we could have it WHEN we got home that night. Remember how great my friends are? Max was thankful for her and her yummy food.

Monday November 15th

Max left to work out of town. NO, I was not thankful for that! I was thankful that he called his mom, and she was willing to be AT my house by 7am (and slept over too) to help get the girls off to school. She was also VERY helpful in the night when Miss Daisy decided she was NOT a sleep fan. I was thankful for her bossiness about me taking naps, even though she was just as awake in the night as I was. I've mentioned it before, but she loves me lots. I love her lots too.

Tuesday November 16th

I don't remember what I was thankful for on this day.

Wednesday November 17th

I was SUPER thankful that Max came home from out of town. I love and am grateful for my Mom-in-law (Heidi's) help but I LOVE Max so much and was missing him quite a bit. There's something to be said about having your baby's daddy home with you.

Thursday November 18th

More thankful for Mom help. This time MY Mom came to help. She is super and fun and bossy too. Moms are like that. My Mom came and brought us fun Christmas place mats and snacks and she made us dinner for that night. When it wasn't quite done she was so upset. You may think it's mean to be thankful for her upsettiness but to me it shows that she loves us and it's important to her to have a nice meal for us to eat- one that we didn't have to cook. You know, since she loves me best. Probably she loves Max best too. And Maddy (it's no secret how she loves Maddy) and Ruby, she does enjoy her Ruby. Plus, did I mention that she left my Dad in the hospital (he had throat surgery the same morning that I had Daisy) to come be with us for Daisy's arrival. So she's quite in love with Daisy too. Sorry Dad I'm sure she loves you second best.

Friday November 19th

I was thankful that my mom went to Grandparents day at Ruby's class, and took nearly 1,000 pictures, and blogged about it here. They have been working so hard to have Grandparents day and Ruby has been so excited about it.

Saturday November 20th

I was thankful that Max took the girls to Cabela's all morning and into the afternoon. I am also thankful that the reason he went was to buy his own Christmas present, so I wouldn't have to do it. He also brought me fudge. Boy oh boy was I thankful for that yummy stuff.

And today, Sunday November 21st

I am thankful that Daisy slept so great last night. I wonder if it was my bawling to her about how tired I was last night. At any rate, she slept. hooray for sleep.

I'm also thankful that Max took the girls to church even though he doesn't love church. It's important to me and so he went. I love that guy.

That'll be all until next time.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love your thankful list. I think I'll add "thankful for Hillary and her cuteness" on my list!

Alisa said...

I love that Max took the kids to church. Next time we are together and we play pente I will let him win- just for that.

Look at you go! Writing down all the tings you are thankful for right after having a baby.
Thinking of you often ... hoping that recovery is going well.
Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Awh. Love, Alz.

p.s. You forget that I AM the favorite. (p.p.s. did mom tell you the good news? I didn't want to text you cause you were all brand new Daisy'd up.)

Jessica said...

Can we come visit you yet? I told you I would wait for you to tell me you were ready. I'm having a hard time waiting. Plus, I love your list. And you, too.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I love Dad SECOND best? And are you thankful I didn't get dead in a ditch in the blizzard of a decade?