Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

Today is my parents wedding anniversary. They have been married ??? - I don't actually know how many years, but it is A LOT. They are the greatest parents in all the land. I love both of them to pieces.


I tease that I can't speak at my Mom's funeral -and I can't- But, to tell you the truth I won't be able to speak at my Dad's either. I'll just be a mess -they can never die. I need them around way to much. They are my go to people, my question answerer's, my "there there'ers" and sometimes my "it's just a movie'ers".

I hope you have a good day. I love you with all my being.

Thanks for getting married and having all those pesky children.

I love them too.

8 comments:

Shan said...

That made me a little bit teary-eyed. Which is fine unless you are in a room full of 14 year old squirrlies. I'm glad your parents got married too because if they hadn't there'd be no you. I happen to have taken a fancy to you.

Jessica said...

That was precious. Happy anniversary, Lynne and Phil. You are wonderful.

TeamGornold said...

oh 9/9/09 what a happy date for an anniversary!

Cheryl said...

Great Hillary
They are great people!!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Guess who forgot it was her anniversary? And didn't get Dad nothin'?

Start writing down all the things you can't say at our funerals and mail them to me. It'll be better that way.

Thanks for the loving words.

Now about those pesky children...did you think you weren't one of them? Hummm.

tierneyzan said...

How sweet. What a good daughter you are. p.s. I blogged too!

xo,

Tierney

Unknown said...

checking for action. not that I should be one talk!

Katie Holt said...

Hey! Totally random comment BUT have you read the latest Nicholas Sparks book?