Wednesday, September 23, 2009

nothing important....

I have not blogged in FOREVER because we haven't been doing anything blog worthy.

Yesterday, I spend all of my "alone time" (while Ruby was at school) at two different grocery stores spending most of my grocery money on their "Case Lot" sales. I don't have meat, milk or bread but man, do I have oodles of green beans, cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk (oh I guess I do have milk) and tuna fish. Buying the cases of canned goods isn't the hard part, the hard part is putting it all away. Which means hauling it all down stairs to our food storage room and trying to find spots for it all. Organized spots so that when I send anyone besides me down to get something, they can find it. I was POOPED. And grumpy. Yesterday was also one of those days that you feel like you have been running and running all day and by dinner you realize you haven't done a dang thing.


Plus, I had little children talking non-stop - all day - at my face. They were saying things like: "now what can I do?" and "can I watch something?"




I was Grumpy.





But not anymore.


Today is Activity days, so I'll have eight crazy nine year old girls at my house all afternoon.

I predict, I may be grumpy later.


After that I am going out with my friend Jimi. Which makes me very un-grumpy. We are going to dinner and a movie, The Time Traveler's Wife, which is apparently a cry your eye balls out movie.


A roller coaster of emotions, I tell you.

We'll see how tomorrow goes.


The END.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Jealous. That Jimi girl, she's kind of neat. Well, so are you! Have a ball and don't bawl!!

Shan said...

I saw that Time Traveller movie. I hope you love it because I didn't. I was sitting next to my Laurie friend in the theater and our conversation went something like this:

Shan: Laurie, we've been watching this movie for over 1 hour. Is it just me or has the plot not started yet? I'm waiting for something to happen.

Laurie: I think this guy's naked butt is the plot.

Shan: Oh. You be sure and tell me if the plot does start to develop because I like a good story. I'd hate to miss it.

Laurie: Do you think his butt is cute?

Shan: No, not so much.

Laurie: You may be out of luck, then. I don't think anything else is going to happen.

That was my experience. Only other people I heard of loved it. I hope you are one of those. Let me know.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

It sounds like you did a lot to me. I still have 13 boxes of books in the living room. What am I going to do?

I hope the movie is more than naked buns. And that you like it. Give us a review.

Unknown said...

Oh hee hee hee. I love your grumpy face. You are still cute even when you are grumpy. And tell me your opinion on the butt parts. They are many. But man is he cute!! Oh, and guess what? I cut my hair. Just for you (oh and me cuz it was hideous).
Hugs!

Jessica said...

I have those same nonstop talkers at my house. Only they have different faces. And different hair. And different heights. But they say the same things. Except one mostly talks about Star Wars Legos Wii game. (Which he is hardly ever allowed to play, but it is being played always in his head.)

And way to go on the food storage. You won't feel so grumpy about it when there's a big earthquake and you have plenty of food. You may be grumpy about other things, but not all the cans.

I think my computer is fixed for real.

The end. Finally. For real.

tierneyzan said...

Oh, well now I know which movie you were going to see. I haven't seen the movie, but the book is soooo goooood! I have been longing for enough space so I could avail myself of case lot sales, but you make me a little less sad we have no room...