Thursday, September 3, 2009

Miscellaneous business...

We had dirt and worms for dinner the other night. It was Ruby's idea - and she didn't even eat hers.

Maddy's preferred way to swing.


Cute, cute cute. Also, the hair "before".


Are YOU talkin' to me?



So, last week I was on the phone with my hair stylist friend Jessica. I was watching Maddy do her hair for the day. She is (was) growing it out and we have (had) it cut in an a-line. Well, she was bobby pinning the sides back so it looked like she had short hair. I said to her "if you want your hair to look short then why don't we just cut it short?" She said "OK" and brought my my scissors. I told Jessica that I had to go. She understood.

And why not weave some red in to it? You know, since we were already playing.



I had planned on trimming Ruby's hair that morning. This is what she does while I am working. Looking at hair magazines, crossing her legs. She's 40 not 4.



And the AFTER. Doesn't it just suit her? Her head was born for cute sassy hair.



We also went up the canyon, for a weenie roast dinner, last weekend.





Waiting for the DOGS to cook.


Just looks like I am related to "Heed" and also that I am married to a (cute) pin head. I'm suffering with a bad picture of me because Max's picture is so cute.




Too dark for pictures.


Retrieving the roasted marshmallow. You would think she'd pull it closer to her. Maddy likes a challenge.

NO, I have the bigger turkey lip.


We threw chips to the squirrel that came into our "camp". All we had were Salsa Verde Doritos and they were a bit spicy. We were laughing that the squirrel was saying ( in his little squirelly voice) "ahh these are too hot, I need some water". Ruby thought that was hilarious.

Max has had not so very much work these past few weeks (scary) and we've had lots of (cheap)fun together. Now he is SWAMPED (which is good) and we are lonely.


Play time is OVER.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I want cute sassy hair! Why can't my mom be a hairdresser. Lucky girls.....

Jessica said...

Well, let me just say that that was a wonderful blog. It had worms, cute kids, fantastic makeovers and family fun. Who can beat that?

Lacie said...

You guys always have so much fun!! Jealous! Glad to hear max has more work!

TeamGornold said...

how fun! i wish i had my own 'live in' hair stylist! you guys are so cute! what a fun weenie roast too!
the hair (of course) is gorgeous and sassy! way to go!
;)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Dear Daughter,

I vote this post my favoritest of all times. Maddy looks darling in the before AND after. I wanna look like that. Guess I'd have to lop off 50 years or so. The hair style is so freakin' cute.

As for Miss Poser. All I can say is gooood luck.

I love the waiting for the dogs to cook photo. One so bored, one so posey.

I'm glad Max has more work and I'm glad you played so much as a family. He is the bestest dad. And you are the bestest mom, even putting on a photo of not-greatness so your hubby could shine.

I loves yer guts and your all over attitude, too. And your gutlings, too and the big Gutkuhuna.