Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nothing to say.....MOM






I haven't blogged for a few because I don't have anything to say. Nothing exciting has happened, no one has said any interesting things. But that doesn't stop my dear Mom from FESTERING me to blog. Bless her Heart (Why don't you bug your eldest he hasn't blogged since Labor Day)


Mads is doing well after her "stinker" friends were stinkers. She has a little best friend "Bailey" at school and she is a pleasure. She is reading the Island of the Blue Dolphins by herself. I didn't read that book until I was 33 and living at my in-laws house while we build our abode in Santaquin. Mads is a reader pants. She said this morning that today was going to be great because her class gets to go to the Book Fair and we have Achievement Days after school. Achievement days are somewhat like Boy Scouts but for girls. It's an LDS thing and I am her ages leader. I love it. It is a great calling.
Rubes is playing Barbies all by herself. I love the sing song voices that little girls make when they play. Alzabeth used to so that in the tub. We always said we were going to record her voice while she bathed but never did. Now she's almost 20 and has an attitude that I don't think would sing song in the tub. Poor her.

Mighty M. (finally) has too much work. He is in construction (drywall finishing) and it has been a bit scary lately. But at least until the end of the year he is swamped with way to much to do. 2 of his crew quit this week and he already has 2 new guys working for him. The only bad thing is he has 2 new guys to TRAIN. He is the Webelos leader and doesn't love it. I told his to give it a year. So we'll see how it goes.

5 comments:

rouskafamily said...

Hill, I am right there with your mom. BLOG BLOG BLOG, serious what else do you have to do in your life!! Remember you have long distant friends who need to know about you and your life.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well, well, well, for someone who had nothing to say you found interesting stuff to say, didn't'cha? I told you so.

Why on earth didn't we record that child in the bathtub? Let that be a lesson to you! You do it while there is still time--they will be 20 with an attitude before you know it.

And yes, Mighty M's photo is darn cute. I know he is just pining for his pickled garlic. I'm surprised he isn't on the phone saying, "Where's my pickled garlic?"

Loveyou'bye

PS I tried to comment on your friend--rouskafamily--blog but it wouldn't let me. Her blog was verrr funny.

TeamGornold said...

oh hildy, i am so glad you have a blog. i too am glad that mads has a best friend. you and mighty m have such a fun little family.
we miss you dearly.
someday we will live closer and then nobody will miss us anymore!
much love
B and T

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You are mentioned on Trent's blog. http://snyderfamily.org/

Unknown said...

Yay! Good stuff on Hildy's blog. Wow, Island of Blue Dolphins. That is such a good book. She is such a smarty! And Ruby's picture is tooo cute, with her wings and squinty eyes. I am glad to hear things are busy for Max now. It's sometimes not fun to be busy with work but even less fun to not be!

Lots of love and see you soon!!

Tierney