Thursday, April 30, 2009

strange and delightful all in the same day...

We'll get to these 2 pictures later...ignore them for now.






Yesterday morning I probably asked Roo 7 different times to "PLEASE GET DRESSED". Finally, I jumped in the shower. When I got out (like the very second I got out - HELLO PERSONAL SPACE) Roo came in the bathroom and informed me her leg hurt. What I said might shock you, I said: "Oh, I'm sorry, GO get dressed". When I got dressed myself I found this.


Now, I am not very brainy sometimes, and since my Visiting Teachers (and their 4 kids) were coming over in 30 minutes, I just said: " your friends will be here soon, you better get dressed" and went about my business doing my hair and make-up. after a while I started thinking that it was very quite in her room, so I checked again, and found her exactly the same. Only then did it dawn on me that she was asleep! So, long story short, Roo took a nap and is obviously sick.


Roo and me making faces. Strange.




And now for Delightful...



This is our very first garden harvest. Mr Smith planted hoards of cold weather seeds a while ago and then put up his walls of water (the first two pictures in this post are his walls of water and what he planted inside of them- Blogger is not cooperating). They are designed to protect your not so hearty plants (tomatoes) from the wind and cold, keeping a nice greenhouse environment for them. The lettuce seeds that were planted under the walls of water grew like crazy and he had to pull them last night because they were choking his poor little tomato plants.


There isn't much Mr Smith like to eat more than a nice green salad, that is, unless it's a nice green salad he grew himself - in APRIL - in UTAH. This is his second bowl, he ate it too fast for me to get a good picture. By the way, he informed me that I should blog about our salad. The man is obsessed, I tell you.



This is Roo counting down the 5 bites of salad I told her eat. With ranch dressing on her nose.


PS Mom, I didn't tell her to eat her salad with a spoon. She's an original.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! I know this is totally off subject, but that is the cutest chair I've ever seen! And yum to homegrown anything, especially salad! Go Mr. Smith!! You gotta love counting down the bites, if only I had to do that...

Jessica said...

I'm sorry the tiny one is sick. I have that kind that if they sleep, they must be sick. But happy news about the farmer. He needs to teach me some growing stuff. Plus also, I love the spoon business.

And Gone With the Wind is my second favorite book ever. Don't knock it. And I won't tell you what I really think about Twilight...

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Cherry wallpaper and polka dots!

Poor little Roo, haivng the puny's and her heartless mother says, "Get dressed," forty-'leven times.

I should come to your house and remove all the spoons. You can eat soup with a straw.

Mr. Smith is the genius gardener. I want some walls of water for my birthday. I know it will be too late but I want them anyway. The lettuce is beautiful. Tell him he wins the prize. I don't even have my lettuce planted.

You're invited for Mother's Day dinner. Be there or eat with a spoon.