Thursday, May 21, 2009

Embarrassment...

So yesterday, Roo and I were politely strolling down the isles of the thrift store, when, we saw an actual "little person" looking at the children's books . I have to admit, I did a double take because I thought it was a kid without a mom. Roo saw her too. And she didn't just look twice, she looked, pointed and YELLED: "MAMA LOOKED AT THAT FAT GIRL" from 4 feet away from her.

I about DIED from embarrassment. I was so shocked and flustered that I swatted her cheek (not hard but enough for her to pout a bit) and said that isn't nice to say, and besides she isn't fat, she's pretty. Then I told her that we don't say mean things that would hurt peoples feelings. We just say things like: "look at that pretty girl, or "look at that nice girl" or "isn't she cute"

I thought I had her fixed when we saw the lady again, Roo pointed and YELLED: "MAMA LOOK AT THAT PRETTY GIRL"


Then, we went to the craft store. When we came around one isle we saw an actual fat woman sitting on the floor with her tank top pulled clear up under her boobs. It was NOT PRETTY. And don't ask me why she was doing it. Well, my daughter pointed and YELLED: "MAMA, LOOK AT THAT NAKED LADY"


I think I'm over shopping with children.

9 comments:

Lacie said...

Oh, my gosh that is freaking hularious!! Why do 3 year olds do that? Jocelyn does that all the time. It is so embarassing. Wow, and why do fat ladies wear tank tops that don't fit. It seriously is disgusting!! I don't even like me in tank tops!!

Shan said...

So, you probably remember that my clothes fell off in a resaurant a couple of weeks ago. I'd rather that than what Roo put you through. I would like to say that I feel super-rotten for you, only I don't because I'm pretty sure I peed a little bit when I read that story. I can't feel too badly about something that made my funny bone so happy.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well, I should have saved this for midnight, when I'm on my way to bed because I burst into laughter. I would have slept great! Oh happy days for you, ahead and behind. Behind. Get it. A little bathroom humor for you and I'm sure Roo will be telling you about someone's behind soon.

Emily said...

Iam laughing so hard right now! I'm glad I'm not the only one! My children feel the need to point and scream the ethnicity of other people at the top of their lungs. Seriously people...

Jesse's girl said...

I think I'm gonna chuckle myself to sleep tonight! Jesse will be annoyed with you!

Unknown said...

This is my favorite ever of your blogs. I am rolling around laughing in my chair, if that's possible. If I see you and Roo in a store, I am going to run away before I can hear what she says about me! (though at least I will NOT have my shirt tucked under my boobs).

The 4 Willows said...

Haha! That is so funny! I definately do not look forward to those times. I'm glad you shared your pain with us so we could all feel better and have a great laugh!

Jessica said...

What a funny lady! Just remember that when she is a mama, she will take her tiny one shopping and they will see something that will make the tiny one embarrass Roo. Then, when Roo blogs about the humiliation, you can cackle your wickedest cackle while bellowing "Revenge is mine!" In the meantime, let's go to lunch!

Plus also, it was VERY FUNNY!

Joel and Jessie said...

Ha! Ha! Aren't kids the best?