Saturday, May 2, 2009

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...

Bailey came over to play on Thursday, we went to the Castle for a snack. The Castle is the convenient store at the bottom of the hill by our house. It's name is "the Castle" because when it was being built, and before the gas bays were up, Roo said they were building a castle for us. It had that Dental molding around the top of the building and a big opening for the doors that looked like a castle door could have been installed. So "Castle" stuck.





Anyway, Bailey introduced me to my first taste of Funyuns. They weren't awful. In fact, they were delicious. I should have never tried one. Naughty Bailey.

The girls started playing dress up, which turned into a fashion show, with me as the audience. Little Jessica knows all about these shows. Her and I have been invited to many. The first fashion show looked like this:


Bailey as Scarecrow, Elasta Girl as Dorothy with a Toto in her basket and Roo as the Wicked Witch of the West. They were so cute and creative with our dress ups.

I didn't take any more pictures of them but the fashion shows soon turned into mini skits. One with EG as a pirate and Bay as the beautiful rich girl that the pirate stole from then made walk the plank - a cardboard box lay ed out flat. Another skit was Bailey as a Celebrity and EG as a crazed fan. They were pretty funny. Bailey and Elasta Girl are the best of friends, EG and her are all giggles when they are together. I'm so glad they have each other. I hope they are friends forever.


Roo thinks those two are WEIRD.




Oh, by the way, I painted this red, it used to be white I think it needs something more though. Maybe a black rub over the top. Any suggestions from anyone crafty?

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Did you video those girlies? I LOVED the photos. I hope they did the whole play for you. I would love to see it myself. So would Dad.

Of course funyums are delicious. They are processed food, aren't they? What'sthematterwithus?

Shan said...

mmmmmmmmmmm......Funyuns

Jessica said...

I know what that red thing needs: to be in my house. The end.

Unknown said...

you should not have tried Funnyuns, cause they are yummy. The red paint job is yummy too. Best of all is those three cute kididdies in those cute outfits!