Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The GRAD...

Roo "graduated" from pre-school on May 15th. She gets to go back next year but we celebrated anyway. This is her teacher, Miss Amy. She's married but writes "Miss" on all the papers she sends home so I'm sticking with it. She is the ultimate pre-school teacher around. Elasta Girl went to her when we lived in our Townhouse in Payson. She lived about 2 minutes from our house. She still lives in Payson and we commute so Roo can go to her too. I had to beg and plead and fester for Roo to have a spot cuz all her classes were full this year. Roo actually got to go because another little boy wasn't potty trained by the time school started. Sad for his mom, but happy for us.



You just have to have fancy hair for graduation. I was trying out the rag rollers, I could have done a better (and faster) job with the curling iron. Oh well, you never know until you try.

Why must all children pull silly faces for pictures?


Roo with her graduation hat on. Her hands were like this during the whole program.


Blurry, but cute still. And there are those hands again.



We will miss school and all the fun we had. Now Roo has to go do all my errands with me. And I don't have any more "alone time". Roo was so funny all year, every time they were making "surprises" for Mr Smith or me, she wouldn't tell me ANYTHING they did in class until she had given us the surprise.
We gave Miss Amy strawberry freezer jam for her teacher present. We saw her at the grocery store last week and she said she and her family had already eaten all of it. She also said that next year we could give her some more. We probably will.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, in these pictures little Roo looks kind of like her big sister. I think the rag rollers are so cute she should practically wear those out and about. I hope we will be able to find a good pre-school like that for Snazzadoo. You can just tell from the picture how very nice Miss Amy is. Is Elasta out of school too?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I adore her rag-roller photo. I agree with Tierney, she should just wear them around town, out to the movies and perhaps to formal dances.

The face pulling is in the genes. It came down through the generations.

And I love her skirt and top. Don't ever give those away. If you ever have a boy...hint, hint...he should have to wear them. Oh, wait, never mind. He should wear Bentley's denim jacket, which Hollywood tried to make off with the other day. The week before it was grandma's white gloves.

When are we going to lunch? Dad could tend the kids and we could sneak away. Tell him you'll trade a hair cut. Har har.

Jeanne said...

Will your Dad watch my kids too? I'll trade something... ummm freezer jam?

Roo is the cutest stinkin' thing ever. Even if she won't clean her room.

Shan said...

Too bad Roo isn't even a little bit cute. I bet Miss Amy cried everyday she had to see that tiny Roo...Maybe tears of laughing too much because she's so funny.

meghan said...

Yeah... Where's my freezer jam, lady? I mean, pretty please?

Congrats to the little Rubinator.

Jessica said...

Yeah, I was going to ask if your dad would watch my kids and I could go to lunch, too.

Congratulations to Roo. She is lovely, as always. I'm telling you, that face could make you rich!

Alisa said...

I want some freezer jam.
I want to go to lunch.
miss you.