Monday, May 18, 2009

What a STAR....

Elasta Girl is my favorite child.

Mr Smith took his little sister, Meghan, and Elasta Girl camping over the weekend. Before he left, he gave me the plague. I still have it, and this morning I was not looking or sounding that spectacular. Elasta Girl woke up, got her self ready for school, made her lunch and got her and Roo some breakfast. All while I was sleeping. I woke up during the breakfast eating time and was so excited for myself.




(a self portrait)

Then, she finished getting her self ready for school, tidied up her room and made her bed. And after that.....here comes the best part....she started cleaning up the house. She put all her stuff away first, then she picked up their breakfast dishes and LOADED THEM IN THE DISHWASHER! Elasta Girl is my favorite child. She folded blankets, straightened her bathroom, cleaned off the coffee table and put away the clean dishes that I had hand washed last night. Elasta Girl is my favorite child. I asked her why she was doing all this cleaning, she just said "because I want to, you don't feel good and I wanted to help"

YUP, favorite child indeed.




(another self portrait)


That other child has yet to earn her stuff back.

4 comments:

Kim said...

what a star indeed! what time did that girl get up?? She learned from the best! hope you feel better soon:)

Shan said...

How come you hit the kid Jackpot? I bet because you were so lovely as a child too. I wonder if Roo's problem is that she just takes after her dad? I don't know about Mr. Smith's childhhood, it's just a thought.

Jessica said...

Does your favorite child want to come visit and be my favorite child? Or at least train a favorite biological child? That would be nice. While she's training, let's go to lunch.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Do you rent your favorite child out?

I'm afraid the "other child" got her grandma's genes. Not that fabulous Mrs. Smith Grandma, that other, sub-standard one. Oh my. I'm so sorry.

On the other hand, maybe the other child will grow up to be interesting and interesting is something--not much but something.

In your favorite child's first portrait she looks a little like Lezlie. Maybe she will grow up to be tidy AND an author.