Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baby blues...

My Mom wrote about some happiness and some sadness on her blog today. The sad part was about me.

I was pregnant, about 8 weeks, and just this week I've had a miscarriage. I am sad and bummed and annoyed and hurting and ticked all at the same time. But mostly I'm sad.

I was due January 30th, and the only thing I was worried about was how was I going to shovel snow off that awfully steep driveway - 8 months pregnant. I was excited to tell my cute sis-in-law, Tierney, who's due just about 2 weeks before I was. Oh well. I was excited that I would have something wonderful to be born in the boring and LONG month of January. Oh well, again.

I have 2 friends who are wanting babies too, and I've told them we are having a race. One friend text ed me "it is ON" That friend is a hoot. She made me laugh right out loud.

When we told the girls we were pregnant, Elasta Girl said: "Does this mean I have to share a room with Roo?" She was sad and said she was going to have to put tape down the middle of the room so her side would stay clean. She was much sadder when I told her that the baby had died.

I had it all planned out. I would have been tired all during the summer, feeling great for back to school shopping and would have gotten my Christmas shopping done early. I would have been HOT during the freezing months, a had "cankle's" (ankles that look like calf's) hidden by jeans. But now I have another plan.



A baby for May?


It's ON!

13 comments:

Shan said...

Hillyerie, I could not love you more. Maybe Heavenly Father couldn't stand to part with that little spirit just yet because he is so wonderful. I think that's the truth because you have a pretty good track record with amazing and funny (if I do say so myself, and I do) children. I also believe the one that is coming is a boy. I have a pretty good track record for guessing that kind of thing. I'm 5 for 5 since Roxie was born. Plus, also, did I mention that I love your guts, because it's true.

The 4 Willows said...

Hey Hillary, I'm very sorry to hear your sad news. I hope you get feeling better quickly. I'm so glad I got to know you! You and Jessica are the BEST EVER! Thanks for everything!

Emily said...

Hillary! I am so sorry for your cute family. You're such a good mommy. I can't wait for you to try it again!! I would say it's on, but that would mean I would be involved and I am SO NOT involved!! Good luck! Love your guts. Don't be sad :)

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Hugs for you Hillary - I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

(I'm a visitor from your mom's blog..she's a hoot, btw..)

You seem to have a great attitude about it all - that will take you a long way!

Jesse's girl said...

Hello dear you!!!

I was very sad to hear the news. I send you a lot of love and all my best thoughts!!! I feel like crying but I can't because your other sis in law is nearby and it's hard for me to cry in front of people... except for you! Apparently I'm able to cry shamelessly with you! I hope we can share lots of tears of joy during my next trip to Utah!

Lots of love!!!

Jessica said...

Oh, Hills. I am sad as can be about it, too. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Like perhaps a night out on the town? You just say the word. I know all the party spots from Alpine to Benjamin.

P.S. Who is the other racer?

Anonymous said...

Hello Hillary -- Chris and I just read your blog and we are so sorry to hear this sad news. We are thinking of you, Elasta Girl, Roo, and our brother Mr. Smith. We love you so much.

Kennon & Chris

Unknown said...

I read this yesterday and had to run call you right away, and now I realize I didn't leave a comment. Each time I read this I cry a little. I remember when I was a little girl and my mom miscarried, and she told me that her next baby would be the miscarried one, and I was anxious to tell the next baby (Liesel) about its adventure. I'll bet that little baby is up hanging out with Pearl and Pinto excited to come down, but just a little later.

Unknown said...

oh, wow, hey! new design is very nice!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Dearest Daughter, I'm glad you are feeling better. You are a brave little one. It takes courage to tell Heavenly Father that you will come down here and deal with such loss. My prayers have been pleading for only one thing: to help you find comfort.

I love you with all my heart as does Dad.

Jimi said...

Hillary, I am so sorry!!! I have been wanting to stop by and see you (since I can't email you), but I have been gone EVERY night this week! I have been thinking about you. Trust me I know what you're going through and it's not easy. I'm sorry that you have to go through it, but I am excited to hear that you're finally wanting another baby!! Perhaps if you are going to be home tomorrow night, I will come see you (since I will be gone again tonight!) Know that I love you and that you are in my heart.

Alisa said...

I am so sorry dear friend. I am thinking of you. Don't know what else to say- if I were you I would come up with something clever to say. And if I lived closer I would bring food. So I will just make something yummy and eat it in your honor. How about that?

clara said...

Hillary I just read your blog tonight and I feel like such a super loser for asking if you were having any more babies at the beauty school get together! I usually totally stalk your blog but with traveling I must have missed it!! Girl I can't even tell you how stupid I feel and I am so sorry for coming off so insensitive. Love, love you and hope to see you sometime after I get my foot removed!