Saturday, June 6, 2009

What I found.....

I was checking to see if I need to water my hanging baskets last night and look what I found.



I actually stuck my finger right in the nest and thought "woah, that soil is bone dry...and packed down."



Here's the Momma (or the Dad) perched on my geranium. She (or he) wasn't to pleased with me.




Nests are popping up in strange places everywhere. My neighbor, Jessica has to leave their grill lid up because every time they put it down, the birds try to build a nest inside.



My other neighbor, Natalie came home from church to find a bird nest built on her wreath on her front door.




And my beauty school friend, Little Jessica has a bird family right on her porch light. They are a little harder to get to than mine.





Up at the tippy top of the picture is the Momma again. She was all sorts of upset I was bothering her.




Now, how am I suppose to water?

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

How cute is that? Very gently pick up the nest and put something under it so it doesn't rest on the soil--like a wooden block or a canning ring or even some rocks. Then water away, on the other side. What kind of bird is it? Besides a cheeky one, that is? Can't wait to see it for myself.

Jessica said...

I love those birdies. We had so much fun watching ours. They grew right up and flew away. Now we are empty-nesters.

TeamGornold said...

that is actually really sweet. now you can make your family a toads in the hole, a very small hole!
ha ha, don't do that really, just love the little baby birdies!
love ya