Monday, August 31, 2009

A lonely only child....

I know Ruby is not an only child but her playmate has left us for more exciting schoolish things.

I'm on the computer, and have been for about 45 minutes. I came down to pay bills, except for I got side tracked about reading blogs. It happens all the time.

Ruby is a follower. She followed me down and is, in the basement, playing with Barbies.

She just- all sassy like- said : "Mom, I'm down here and am berry (very) lonely."

Me: "Ummmm mmm." (Because I'm ignoring her a little)

Ruby: "I have no one to play wist (with)..............named MOM."

THE END

PS: I have already played paper dolls with her this morning, except for my paper doll is having a nap.

PS again: Ruby starts pre-school tomorrow. Yippee.

6 comments:

Shan said...

Being lonely is no fun. Playing with a 4 year old isn't much fun either. Only too bad for you both.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Who said, "Yipee?" You or Ruby?

Ah hah! Your paper doll was taking a nap? You sneaky devil. Ruby will figure that out someday and then you will be in trouble. And one day she will be all "growed" up and you will miss her like crazy and she will live in Russia or China or Mars and you will cry in your big pilloa. I know these things.

Emily said...

Yay for preschool! Bless those people. They have a special spot in heaven just for teachers of youngins!!!!

Pam's Place said...

That Ruby is a charmer! Don't you just love what 4 year olds say? They see the world through a much different prism than we do. Thank goodness for these little ones!

Hill, thanks for visiting Pam's Place. I feel like you're family. Your Mom is the absolute BEST! I love her guts! (sorry, I couldn't resist...)

Jessica said...

The good news: Ruby loves you and her big sis enough that she WANTS to play with you. Some little girls have mean moms and wicked sisters and they want to be left alone. So it's your very own fault for being wonderful and raising wonderful girls. The end.

Jesse's girl said...

I looooove my daily dose of you guys! You are all so beautiful, cute, and great! Miss you tons!