Saturday, March 6, 2010

The "What was I thinking" post.....

Or more commonly known as, Maddy's stay-up-late party.

Last Friday Maddy had a party with some of her friends from school, and Eliza (her cousin). Except for Liza stayed up late AND slept over. It was a crazy blast.

First, all the girls came and we ate pizza. And carrots and grapes. (just so you all know I fed them something healthy) I made all the girls eat some carrots, Liza ate about half the bowl herself. She's extremely healthy, and her eyesight is delightful.

From Maddy and going to the right is Vanessa (Nessa), Bailey, Katelyn, Liza, Savanna's back, and little Ru. Amnity and Janelly didn't come, and our cousin Kate decided that she was homesick and left with her Mom which made Ruby a bit gloomy.



After dinner we played the hula hoop game. I saw it in Family Fun magazine. All the girls got in a circle and I put a hula hoop on someones shoulder, then they all hold hands and try to get the hula hoop around the circle without letting go of any hands. It's pretty funny.


We got bored so we turned them all backwards and tried it that way. Backwards was fun too.


After some games of ZINGO! and Apples to Apples, we did a craft with foam butterfly shapes, stickers and pipe cleaners. No pictures of those though. After that, we decorated cupcakes. We created some masterpieces, I tell you.



They used almost NO frosting. wink wink. (That's Savanna real face behind Maddy)

Sorry Bailey, I just had to post this picture. It's your own fault for not smiling at me.

And they put hardly any CANDY on them. PS to Liza's parents, She didn't actually eat these.

Ruby and her frosting. Can you see by her stickered hand, we went to Wal-mart that day?

We had fun and were tired and frazzled at the end of the night. Maddy has told me countless times, "thanks for letting me have a party, Mom". Of course Mads.

It was crazy, but it was only 2 hours of crazy.

The good news is, I've almost stopped twitching.

6 comments:

tierneyzan said...

Good lands,I wish you had been in charge of throwing my parties when I was 10! I want one of those cupcakes!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

A good twitch is good for the soul. Looks like a whole lot of fun. You'll have to give me details on the hula hoop bit for my Achievement Days girls.

Shan said...

I would wish that you were my mom, but mine was pretty great already.

TeamGornold said...

i remember sleep overs and fun girl parties. how fun.

Shaunell said...

Go ZINGO! I'm going to have you come and do our next party. Look at those goofies--they are so cute! Come and see my teapot cake, you'll be proud of me!

Jeanne said...

What a great, fun mom you are! I thought watching a video was the only late night party option. Don't tell my kids.

Thanks for the call yesterday...it was just the pick-up I needed.