Tuesday, March 2, 2010

stuff the girls say that may only be funny to me....

The other night, Maddy was off to bed. I was sitting on our STATIC charged couch, and when she leaned down to kiss me, it shocked us. I said (teasingly) "Owww, how rude". She said.... "love hurts" and she walked away. HUmph.


I was tucking Ruby in the other night, I said "goodnight Ru, I love you". Ruby said: "I love Daddy!" I guess she didn't get the memo that if you are an 11 pound baby, you should be sweet to your mother ALL the rest of your life. PS I got that memo, Mom.


Another Ruby burn. we (meaning MAX) always asks Ruby who her #1 is. Last month at dinner, she said "Mama, what # are you?" I, of course, said "I"m your #1" With out skipping a beat said "no, that's Daddy".


Ruby was cleaning her room, (shocker) when she came out and told me she needed a fork. Apparently, she had gotten some small thing stuck under her bookcase and needed to fetch it. I told her OK, and to bring me the fork when she was finished. And I forgot about it. She, of course, didn't bring me the fork. That night, Max was tucking her in and I hear "Ru, why is there a fork in your bed?" Ruby said "I needed it for my bookcase". Then he tucked Maddy in, Maddy said "Dad, why do you have a fork in your hand". He said "it was in Ruby's bed."

Maddy muttered: "Of course it was."

Every night after dinner I force want the family to clean up together. Maddy is USUALLY super at it. She USUALLY is the only one who stays until everything is finished.
This night, as soon as dinner was over she went and cuddled with Max on our big red chair. I said "hey Mads, come clear your dishes". She looked at Max and said "When in doubt, SNORE" and then BOTH of them started to snore. DEAD MEAT, those people.



Ruby woke up one Saturday morning, and came running out into the living room. She said, all out of breath and flustered, "Mama, in the nighttime, 'P' fell on my head." We thought "pee" she meant the 'P' alphabet pictures that are all around the top of her room. It was mostly funny because we were wondering how pee fell on her head. That'd be gross.

And last but not least, I can put my super long hair* in a pony tail. (mostly the back, the front is all short and I just have to tuck it behind my ears) My hair was bugging me the other night so I put it in a pony. Ruby looked at me and said, "you look like that boy we saw once". We saw him at the TIRE STORE and he was ugly and dirty and his hair probably had cooties. I took my pony tail out.

*I have super long hair because Maddy wants to grow her hair out and we seem to never do it. She always chickens out at the in between length and I'm more than happy to snip it into a fabulous pixie cut. So, at the first of the school year, I told her that WE wouldn't cut our hair until she was 11. (yes we're trimming still) It's been 5 months. It's driving me insane.

4 comments:

Shan said...

I'd get rid of that Ruby kid. She's nothing but trouble. Good thing she's so beautiful. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he made her looks. Plus, are you ready to let me take Maddy so you can more fully focus on raising Ru? I'm just sayin'.

TeamGornold said...

i wanna see a pic of you guys super long hair. i have been thinking of growing mine out... but then i go and cut it... hmmm, i may need some inspiration!
your girls are funny. miss you.

Nickie said...

Your babies are so funny, and I love your idea about the cupcake, who wouldn't want a giant toilet paper holding cupcake in their bathroom? That's the real question.
BTW I loooove your toes in that one post! That is probably the cutest stinking thing I have ever seen in my life! I love that, where did you get that done? Holy crappers, I am amazed by your toes and I think it's totally you.

Jesse's girl said...

You guys are awesome!!!!!!!