Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cow poop...

Saturday was interesting. Mr Smith and the girls went and BOUGHT a heap of cow poop. Mr Smith wanted to plant his spring seeds (lettuce, spinach, radishes, onions and carrots) but first had to have some poop ( I mean "compost"). I stayed safely inside and cleaned non-poopie things. He had two good helpers, but when they came inside they brought half of the "compost" with them. I guess I did end up cleaning poopie things after all.



Roo's shovel was buried in our yard, we found it when we first started landscaping. It's a great little shovel.


Mr Smith also transplanted my Hollyhocks. We had planted them last spring in a too hot spot. They didn't love it.

Check out the roots. I think they'll be OK.




Here they are in their new happy home. We hope they'll hide the drain pipe a little. I also think we'll move that rock. (We- meaning Mr Smith)






Nice.





Just wanted you to know the girls had a bath after the poop shoveling moment.



The end.






5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my "pre-comment." Just want to make sure I am first. Now I will browse at my leisure.

Unknown said...

I love the picture of them all shoveling the poopies. I also had to deal with poop this weekend, but my experience was much worse. I stepped in big piles of poop unloading Azzy from the car at the park. They are still sitting in the bathroom all sad and rejected. The picture of your girls in the tub is very, very cute. I had to call Jason over to make sure you were saying "nice" about Max's bum. I was thinking that in the earlier pictures he is very handsome. I guess he comes from a good-lookin' family.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This has got to be one of the most original blog posts. Funny. Remember when Dad and "everyone" would work in the garden. You and I would stay in the kitchan and bake treats and make lemonaid. It looks like things haven't changed.

Mr. Smith is very handsome in the shades. And looking at his bum? You bum looker.

Love the clean girlies but you need to feed Elasta Girl. Look at her bones, scraped over with skin. Discusting. I'll donate five pounds a month.

Jesse's girl said...

Awwww!

Jessica said...

I am jealous. I don't know anything about gardening and my husband isn't exactly shoveling cow poop. But, alas, I will have to learn it myself. Your family is lovely as always.