Sunday, March 8, 2009

Giggle Giggle....cheese

It's been Party Central at our house this weekend. Starting with Thursday when I picked Elasta Girl and her best friend Bailey up from school so they could play. We stopped at the Red Barn for some ice cream - since it is the perfect weather for ice cream. 45 degrees seemed warm enough for us.


Here they are NOT smiling so I could take a NORMAL picture.


A cute smile but with Cookie Dough ice cream on the nose.


Lemon chiffon ice cream on the nose.



And lastly, Roo with chocolate peanut butter ice cream on the nose. Hers just looks dirty, or tan I don't know. What I do know is Roo wants to do EVERYTHING her big sister does. Even if it's weird.

We saw our old home teacher and his wife at the barn.( the built the barn but have retired many moons ago and left they're son in charge.) Our ward got split in two last May and they now live in the other half so we don't get to see them much anymore. It was nice to visit for a minute.


When we got home from ice cream, Elasta Girl and Bailey put on shadow puppet shows for Roo and I. After that they put on a Taylor Swift concert. They were so cute with their chap stick microphones and little embarrassed voices. Bailey wouldn't sing facing forward at first because she was shy, but she warmed up pretty quickly and turned around. I think my acting like a darn fool helped her not be shy. I was dancing and waving my arms and trying to sing but since I don't know any of the words it was a bit hard. The two girls kept "SHUSH"-ing Roo and I if we got to rowdy. It was funny.


After the concert I made them come and do their homework, after that Baileys mom came to get her. When the door bell rang Bailey started undoing her homework so she wouldn't have to go home as soon. Those girls are the best of friends.


Friday:


Roo and I went to my Moms to help Alzabeth pack up her room ( she is moving to SLC on Monday) I also cut her, and my parents hair. Alz's head is bleach blond now. I didn't do the bleaching ( I was against it) but the cut is wonderful. And, I didn't cut my finger off while doing it this time. (sometimes, the razor and I don't get along)


After the cutting and the cleaning, I went to my brothers house to pick up his daughter, Eliza for a sleep over. She and Elasta Girl are cousins born about 6 weeks apart. They hardly ever see each other but when they do they are inseparable, and giggle - A LOT.

They also preformed shadow puppet shows* for us. But mostly they giggles and said stuff like "I like cheese" and other things involving "cheese".

I tucked the two in bed at 9:15 (bed time is usually about 8) and continued to hear "whisper, whisper, Giggle Giggle" until about 10pm. Then it was quite until 6:30 in the morning when the "giggle giggle" started up again. On a side note: Elasta Girl was ready for bed at about 6:15 last night. Tuckered out from all that partying I guess.


These are the faces I got when I said it was time to take Liza home. They threw terrible fits and stalled as much as they could. But, they did stop the fits and cooperate when they could see in my face that it was getting old. What nice girls. They are the best of cousin friends.

*the shadow puppet shows with both friends basically went like this: both girls would make the talking sign with their hands and sing: "these are some turkeys" and then jumping in front of the light and sing: "and these are our big heads!" Over and Over again. They thought it was hilarious. I probably did too, but I'm not saying.

6 comments:

Shan said...

Mostly I want to know why the heck you were posting at 6:17 this morning. Do you not know that is crazy? Especially when you consider that it is "spring forward" on the clocks and really 5:17 a.m. I love your guts anyway. Even if you don't know any better than to not sleep.

TeamGornold said...

i want ice cream, but not in this weather, and not on my nose, in my big fat belly!
sounds like you had a blast of a weekend!!!
love you much

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I commented on this. I really did. I don't know where it went. Probably with all my missing emails.

I said that on "Bloggs I'm following" reader list, when I saw that tiny picture of Elasta Girl I thought it looked like Lezlie.

I said other stuff but now I'm brain-dead or at least brain-comotose and can't remember what I said.

And who ordered winter, I'd like to know!

Unknown said...

I love the pouty-face picture, and Roo is just the most photogenic gal ever (well, not including Azzy). It looks like a lot of fun. I can just picture you doing your crazy singing and dancing to help Elastie's little friend get over her shyness. I just love you! I hope lovely Elizabeth will be happy in SLC! Why no picture of the hair??

Jessica said...

Yeah. I want to know about the hair. Did it work? Is it yellow? Did it fall out?
Oh, and your girls are darling, too. You are, too, but you forgot to post any pictures of your lovely self.

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know that I am diligently checking!

xo