Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The wind...is blowing...

WIND WIND WIND WIND WIND WIND That's all we've got is wind.





Roo demonstrates the wind. She was flapping her hands wild and crazy like and making wild and crazy noises.



For the past few days we had found our junk, and our neighbors junk, relocated in odd places in the yard, and elsewhere. The wind did it. Today we found our garbage can in the middle of our lawn. Roo was worried about it and ask me to go out and get it. Uht uh. I wasn't going out there, so I said she could go. (thinking she wouldn't want to go either) Um yeah, she did. So I let her, while I got the camera. I wasn't at all worried that my sweet 3 year old would blow away while I was gone. She didn't. But only barely.
















This is her trying to get the TUMBLE WEED that flew into the garbage can. GROSS!

When I did finally rescue our can, it was clear over by the empty lot to the north of us. Along with some of our down spout pipe and our neighbor's swing. Oh Joyous wind how I love thee.


I tried to upload a video of Roo doing her wind dance but I am challenged and couldn't so sorry.

And, for good measure, a few candid shots of the girlies in the car on Sunday. I looked back to see a slinky on Elasta Girl's nose. She was just sitting there not saying or doing anything --- with a slinky on her nose.





And a blurry Roo just because.


GO AWAY WIND! I'm serious.

6 comments:

Emily said...

here here.

Jessica said...

Although I hate the wind, it sure makes for some stinkin' cute Roo pictures!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Move to Provo. Although we had wind today. I grew up with wind and so you hated it from the womb.

Roo is a serious concerned citizen. She should get a medal. And Elasta Girl? Hahahahahahahaha. How I love her. Who else would put an orange slinky on her nose and then say nothing? Look at that face!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

speaking of wind, there's some funny poems on Chris Clark's blog. http://thejollyporter.blogspot.com/ the "wind" one is alled "legumes."

And the one just for Elasta Girl is called Superfluous.

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Ohhh, my nieces are the cutest nieces ever! Brave and darling little Roo. Sorry I've been missing your blog action. Is Ruby wearing makeup on the last shot??

TeamGornold said...

i don't mind the wind, unless i have done my hair. then i hate it messing with my masterpiece!