Sunday, March 22, 2009

I have a shoe problem...


I already thought this, but now it is official. Because Shan has confirmed it on her very blog on this very day.

I was cleaning out my closet the other day and decided to line up all my shoes in a row.

Lets make that, THREE rows. This picture is after I'd bagged up all the old and moldy ones I didn't feel I needed anymore.


See those blue shoes ^ right up there? I haven't worn them since before Elasta Girl was born. They are from France, and are blue swede, how can I possibly get rid of those?


Remember these lovelies? The ones that started all the bum toe nonsense?



well, these are their trashy younger sisters. They're new and I can't really walk in them for very long (no big deal) but they're hot pink and fabulous and I love them. Besides, floozies need love too.





I have a shoe problem. I even told Mr Smith (months ago) that all I wanted for my birthday (next month) were shoe shelves built in our closet. He grumbled and whined and said stuff like "can't we just buy some". I said stuff like "no, I want them a certain way and besides, I've already looked".

Then Shans friend's husband built some for his wife just because she wanted some. This world is not fair I tell you. Not fair at all.


I have a shoe problem. But I am not an addict.



The end.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, you make me laugh so hard, talking about the cherry shoes' slutty younger sisters! They are hot and trashy and lovely indeed. Do you prance around in them for Max? Don't answer that. Maybe if you do, though, he will be excited to build you your shoe shelves?

It is fine for you to ask for that. If we had a long-term house, I would want such a thing, and if my husband were handy, I would ask. We have such a yucky, crappy shoe rack that we bought at Target, and the shoes are always falling through. I am jealous of your cute shoes.

Jessica said...

I love those shoes.

Maybe Mr. Smith doesn't want to build you shelves because he knows he will never be able to build enough. I mean, he will build them and you will buy more shoes and he will have to build more. And then Elasta Girl will want shelves because she has inherited her mother's addiction and he will have to build them and then you will need more shelves for the shoes you bought while he was building Elasta Girl's and so on. And then what about Ru? She will need some for her tiny shoes. Maybe I will write a book called "If You Give a Hillyerie Shoe Shelves."

Shan said...

I'm super sad about your shoe problem. Not the having lots of shoes part because I don't think having lots of shoes is the real problem here. The real problem is inadequate space for said shoes. Mr. Smith had better just buck up and take a few days to make them, because I have a feeling that now that you've seen custom made shoe shelves made by a husband, there ain't no way he's getting out of this one. You'd think the task of making the shelves would be more fun for him than listening to the complaining about not having them. To make a long comment even longer, mostly I just love your guts.

P.S. Why doesn't the comment part of blogs have a spell check because I'm sure I spelled inadequate wrong. It's one of those words I was pretty sure I knew how to spell until I actually did it and it looked funny. Usually I get around that problem by choosing another word that means the same thing. (The English teacher in me can't help but to tell you that's called a synonym. I'm guessing you all probably know that, but like I said, I can't resist.) But I believe that inadequate is the best word for the job, and so I stand by it whether it is spelled correctly or not. Wactually (as Tian Zebra would say), maybe I should be more concerned with the fact that I used the word "ain't" instead of misspelling words.