Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Puny Party...

Tonsils - check
Adenoids - check

Elasta Girls surgery was a success. She is doing as well as you can after getting such monsters taken out.
Before surgery:

Comfort from the TOTO.

And after the surgery:



The surgery only too about 30 minutes from the time they wheeled her away to the Dr coming to tell me how it went. I was getting a bit worried after the Dr came and left and then 15, 30, 45 minutes went by. Apparently Elasta Girl was having a hard time waking up and then, calming down. The poor little crumb was in the recovery room without her mom and said she didn't want to bother anyone to ask for me to come.

Every one was so nice at the Surgical Center and Elasta Girl said the other patients were even nice. There was a man having surgery there too that talked to her and cheered her up. She said he made her laugh. She just kept saying how nice everyone was. On the table by her bed were come comments cards that said "oops" on one side and "Wow" on the other. She made me leave a "Wow" comment for them and the whole way home said she couldn't believe how much she liked it there.

From her bed she could see the stickers they gave the kids after surgery, she saw some Dora the Explorer stickers (Roo's FAVORITE TV show) and said: "oh Roo would love those" So we asked the nurses if we could take one home for her. The nurses were so amazed that after how rotten she felt she was thinking about her sister. They gave us 4 stickers. She is the sweetest child I have (wink wink) and am lucky to be her mom. She even said "thank you" every time I gave her an ice chip or a bite of Popsicle!

She is doing pretty good now we have her pain meds. One thing I am finding is she is HUNGARY! She asked last night if she would gain some weight after her tonsils were out. I'm thinking, yes.

Wanna see her tonsils? If you don't, then don't look down.

The End...

9 comments:

rouskafamily said...

Get well soon, Those things are so huge I can't even believe it. Good thing she got those out. Best wishes to the girl and the mom/nurse!!

Jesse's girl said...

OMG!!!! How can tonsils be so big???!!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh, I had to steal the before picture. she looks so happy, poor lamb, not happy later.

I will call you tomorrow or you should call me and tell me how she is.

Unknown said...

oh, no! I looked before I read the thing that said not to look, aargh! My poor, poor niecey-pie! Can I say how happy it made me to see her with Totoro? Today we got her get well card for Jason, and it was the cutest thing in the world. I loved how she'd cut out each individual petal. The only card I like better is the one she sent me with little twins she'd drawnn on the front, which I still have of course.

Okay, well I am very glad it went well. I hope she will recover very quickly. I love you guys lots and lots.

Jessica said...

Those might be worse than my snakes.

I hope she is doing well today. You, too. I had my own little freak out when all was said and done with Ash. You're more emotionally stable, though.

Jimi said...

Oh goodness, why did you have to post the picture of her tonsils?! Gross!
We were going to stop by and see her last night, but we were running late, and had homework and yada yada yada...we'll try to stop by tonight. Tell her to get feeling better.

meghan said...

Those are monsters. How on earth did they even fit in her little throat? I'm so glad she's rid of them.

Can't wait to come and see my little Greek Goddess and company tomorrow.

Jasper MacCraggen said...

I just want to send me best wishes that yer wee lit'le one is making a quick recovery. Me wife and I love so much to see all of your family's adventures, but we are hoping Elasta Girl will have a few low-key weeks to get her groove back. Tell her she has people cheering for her in a (semi) distant country. And thell her Mom, dad, and sister we love them.

Jasper

Emily at The Fine House said...

Holy moly- now those are tonsils. Hope your cute girl is doing better now:)

So call and OF COURSE I will show you how to do the rug-mostly just because you have trashy pink shoes of which I am highly envious.