Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tonsil update and Gifts...

Today, Elasta Girl is doing VERY, very well. Yesterday, and those other days before yesterday, she was worse than crummy. In fact, she said on Friday that she wanted her golf ball tonsils back because having them out hurt too much. Pitiful, I tell you.
I believe she is doing so well because my cute Dad came down (with my equally cute Mom) last night and gave her a blessing. He blessed her that she would get better quickly and be able to eat and drink and take her medicine easily. Some may not think this is a big deal, but if you had been around Elasta Girl the past 3 days you would know that drinking, eating and especially taking her medicine was not an easy task for anyone. I have been (up in the night) worried about her getting dehydrated so bad that she had to have an IV because she wouldn't drink. Today she was a whole different sicky. Today, she didn't cry and refuse to take the pain medicine. And she actually ate and drank, a lot. So much that I asked her: who she was and what had she done with my daughter? Thank you Dad (and Mom) for driving past your house on the way home from Heed and Patty's to give EG a blessing. It worked!



By the way, that picture up there ^ is not upside down. I was standing above EG (behind the couch) while she was watching The Karate Kid with Meghan and Roo today. I just liked it, so there it is.


And now for the GIFTS...

I have the greatest friends. So does Elasta Girl.

First, my parents drove down on Thursday to pick up Roo from pre-school (about the same time we were finished with Tonsil surgery and driving home ourselves-oh well) and brought EG a super cool craft book (wrapped with ribbon and everything) that I fully intend on using for Activity days.
Thursday night my friend Natalie ( she hardly EVER blogs) came over and brought Elasta Girl a hand made get well card, some Popsicles, and a word search book.
Then Friday I called my friend Jessie (you can't look at her blog because she has a strict "no weirdo's" policy) to see if Roo could play with her daughter. She said yes, and that Roo could stay as long as I wanted her too. She also picked up Roo to play, and brought her home! And while she was watching Roo and her girl play, she drew this charactature ( I can't even say it right, let alone spell it right) of Elasta Girl. We're totally getting it framed for her room.

That night Elast Girl's best friend Bailey and her mom came by and brought her Jell-o, stuffed animals for her and Roo, Popsicles and made plans for Bailey to come and hang out on Saturday. While they were visiting, Jimi (she barely blogs) and her boys brought her and Roo super cool Lifesaver Popsicles. Saturday, Bailey came to "play" with EG and brought her a TV tray and another stuffed animal. We love that kid.
Sunday (that's today) Meghan came down to visit and delivered flowers for the girls, from Aunt Kennon and Aunt Chris all the way from Indiana.


For Elasta Girl... Doesn't she look better?



For Roo... She doesn't know what it means to "hold still" so this is what you get, cute but spazzy.

A few hours after Meghan arrived, Mr Smith's Mom, Heidi, came down. She came bearing gifts for everyone. She brought 3 books (all wrapped, with ribbon) for Elasta Girl. A book for Roo (wrapped with ribbon) a whole mess of DVDs ( about 30) for us to borrow, and a dish of Key lime bars. She and Meghan stayed for a very glamorous lunch of Bean with Bacon soup and grilled Tuna and cheese sandwiches. Which Elasta Girl ATE, and ATE and ATE. Yippee.

So, after that long, long, LONG post I say Elasta Girl is feeling better today and I think our friends are the best around.

THE END...

By the way, let me explain my last post title "The Puny Party" . My mom has said for years, if someone was sick, that they had the "punies" so after her surgery, Elasta Girl said she had the punies. I said that was what my tonsil post should be called. It made her smile, but only for a second. So there you have it. Puny = sick

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Friends are the greatest. Those tonsils were awesome! I've never seen anything like it. No wonder she felt puny for a while. I'm so glad everyone is doing better!
P.S. I'm trying to save up to come get my hair done. How are your Mondays?

Unknown said...

My poor, pretty purple-eyed niece. Now I feel bad cause I didn't send a present. Today yr little cutie called to tell me she'd finished Caddie Woodlawn and she'd loved it. I love that little gal! I am glad her punies are getting bigger (so not puny, so better)

Emily said...

glad eg is feeling better!! I've heard tonsils is one of the worst!! What a good sport (you and her!!)

meghan said...

Ooh la la! Even though you may not have a new post up since I checked last, your new picture and layout are so Springy. It all looks so pretty and fresh.

Oh! I also have to tell you that, this afternoon, I finished off the last two cookies you sent home yesterday. They were delicious. Now I'm sad that they're gone. Waaah. Puny.

Tell my little ailing buddy hello!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

FOUR COMMENTS before me. What's up with my slackness? Oh, I forget, the barfness.

I am so happy to see that happy face and of all the gifts those flowers...they are the best! I wish I had a Auntie Chris and Auntie Kennan in my life. Oh, wait. I had an Auntie Dorothy and an Auntie Thea and Auntie Macey so never mind. I don't want to be piggie or anything.

She looks like she is back to almost normal. When I talked to her on the phone today I couldn't believe it was the same child as the Saturday Sickie.

The power of the Priesthood is awesome and so is faith.

You have a plethera of good friends, dear. Everybody loves you, especially your mom.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS The new blog design is darling.

Unknown said...

your blog is too cute now. How did you do it?? I have to make my blog cute now, too.