Friday, August 28, 2009

Father's Day 2009

On Father's Day we went fishing to Bursten Ponds. We do not attend Church on Father's Day because the father of our house does not enjoy Church.



We caught lots and lots of HUGE fish.


It poured rain sometimes.
But who cares, we were catching monster fish.

With sticks and moss.


We would just lower the worm into the water and the tiny fish would swim and grab it. Most times the fish would just be holding on to the worm and not the hook.


The fashionable fisher-woman. Maddy was not grossed out at all by worms or slimy wiggly fish.


Ruby was in heaven, she was catching fish all by her self.

There was a lot of pulling up of the drawers.


And some being goofy.


We ate snacks.

Did I mention "huge fish"?



And being cute.

Help for little person by the not so much bigger person.




I was even there.




Everyone had loads of fun. EVEN ME.



THE end.

4 comments:

Shan said...

That looks like the lovliest of all times. I'm glad you did an activity that the dad likes since it was his day. It's not your fault they make that day on Sunday all the time.

Jessica said...

That looks like fun times. I think the huge smiles gave it away. Although, the fish did make me gag a little.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

That Jessica, she gags over everything. Even hot dogs with nitrates. You can't trust her because she eats healthy and yet, have you seen her complexion? It's GREEN!

And HELLO, Father's Day was in June. Does that mean I can pull up old photos, like Kate's birthday and blog about it? I think I can. Thanks for the idea.

So, looking at eency fish, gasping for water, has not helped my mood. You must post up something hysterically funny soon or I'm gong to walk into the sprinkler.

Unknown said...

Oh you guys are just too dang cute. I love the pulling up of the drawers...how do you catch that! You are fast with that camera!